GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 06 Silverado Z71

When i posted my intro yesterday i didnt have pics of my Silverado to post but now i do so here she is. Its a 2006 Silverad LT K1500 Z71. Havent done much yet, only because i havent owned it long, but it does have flowmaster exhaust

This is the day i brought it home, parked it next to the bird and even though it was dark i had to take a pic

About a month ago i got this bull bar, the truck had step bars on it when i bought it that im going to trade out for black ones to match this

Just last weekend i threw on this sticker and smoked the tails. Can also see the dual exhaust here

Looking good man! you got a 5.3?
    Adam
    11 Silverado Summit White Ext. Cab 5.3L Z71 9k miles
    RC leveling kit
    Jason fiberglass tonneau cover
    Penda-liner
    Superchips 91 octane tune
    Front air dam removed
    6,000k lowbeams 6,000k fogs
    color match bowties
    color match mudflaps
    20% tint all the way around
    20% tinted 6in sunshade
    Nitto terra grappler 275/70r17 (winter setup)
    Chevy 22s with Bridgestone Alenza 285/45r22 (summer setup)
    Kenwood DNX6180 indash

yeah its the 5.3

Legend

Blog Entries

Congrats on the new ride. We would love to see a list of mods that you have done and plan on doing. As you may have noticed, most of the people on this site have been bitten by the mod bug and it's very contagious. Don't be surprised if your truck doesn't end up looking completely different from when you bought it. We have that effect on people!!!! LOL

(Scott) Myrtle Beach, SC
    January 2012 ROTM WINNER
    2011 GMC Sierra Z71 MAX 6.2 L w/ Trailering Package
    Rough Country, XD Rockstars, Nitto Trail Grapplers, N Fab, Lund Genesis, Putco, Gator Grip,
    Flowmaster 40 series, Diablosport InTune, Banks Ram Air CAI,
    WeatherTech, AVS Aeroskin, Tow Mirrors, Upgradeyourauto.com

I am one of those people who mod everything they own . I am looking up stuff to put on the vehicle before i own it

Truck does look good so far, and I know there is plenty of mods that you can do to these trucks. lol But random quick question, in NC we do not have to have a front licenses plate mounted, so with the bull bar covering the view of your licenses plate, has that or could it get you in trouble?
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

The law here is that we are supposed to have a front license plate. I drive my K5 without one and have never gotten pulled over, which is good cause it isnt even licensed to anyone so far i havent been pulled over in the truck withe the bull bar but i have been thinking about mounting it to the lower part of the bull bar. What is dumb is that my Firebird has a cover on the front bumper that covers the license plate. If the cover is not there it looks really stupid so i have it on and almost every time i drive the car i get pulled over for not having a front license plate but havent got a ticket yet

The truck's looking nice so far. Just get that mod list out. I need to actually go through and make a list of my planned mods. My problem at the moment is that my list of mods completed will be about two lines and mods to be done will be about 50. That's just depressing. You already have a nice start though.

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp