GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Two new vehicles!

I traded in my Sierra and my wife's Sonata on a 2011 Traverse for my wife and a 2010 Equinox for myself. My truck had 214K and her car had 107K. Both of them were over 10 years old, so it was time for new ones. Hers is white with a tan interior, mine is "mocha steel" which is brown basically with a black interior. We got them certified used so we have 2 yrs of free oil changes, tire rotations, and inspections. I must say I'm impressed with these new vehicles, especially the fuel economy. I'm getting an average of 30 mpg in the Equinox.

Anyone else with these vehicles? Pros? Cons?
    2010 Equinox LT
    2.4, 6 speed auto, power lift gate, remote start, bluetooth, xm.

1995 Cheyenne C1500 ext. cab(my baby, my first truck)
    5.0, 5 speed, Silverado appearance package, power nothing, bucket seats and console Silverado, painted black interior, eBay halo headlights, eBay chrome tails, eBay cai, dual Flowmaster 40's w/no cats, 15x7 American Racing Hopsters, Walmart fog lights, SS mirrors

Master Mechanic

Sweet deal! Let's see some pics...please

Sounds great! I need a commuter car and was thinking of getting an equinox, but there will be rare occasions where I have to take all three kids ... so not sure about that. They get good reviews though, let's hear more about it.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Steve, I love this vehicle already. It actually is averaging 30mpg, and even higher with a tail wind. Mine has bluetooth, ipod hook-up, power seat, 18" rims, power lift gate, and remote start. Its super comfortable, really quiet, great road manners and ride. I couldn't be happier with the purchase. I still have the 5yr/100K mile power train warranty, plus it is gm-certified. I narrowed my purchase down to this or a 2012 Malibu LTZ for the same price. I went with this b/c if I'm out in town and buy something in a big box, I can still carry it home with this, but I wouldn't have been able to with the Malibu. Plus I think the Equinox gets better mpg since it has the 4cyl.

Nice! I was helping my ex's mother shop for vehicles and she was leaning towards the traverse also. I was fairly impressed with it, but felt it was underpowered personally. Of course I'm used to the 5.3 haha (that would be an interesting thing to have in em!) But both are definitely nice vehicles! Congrats on joining the "new car smell" club!

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

The impala. Weds to come with the 5.3
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Legend

Blog Entries

Congrats on the new rides. I have nothing but good things about the Traverse and the Equinox. They both have very good crash test ratings and the Equinox is good multi use SUV that has excellent fuel mileage. Enjoy the new rides and keep us posted on the reliability and service costs. Enjoy!!!!
    Last edited by Red Z71 Max; 03-26-2012 at 09:29 AM.

(Scott) Myrtle Beach, SC
    January 2012 ROTM WINNER
    2011 GMC Sierra Z71 MAX 6.2 L w/ Trailering Package
    Rough Country, XD Rockstars, Nitto Trail Grapplers, N Fab, Lund Genesis, Putco, Gator Grip,
    Flowmaster 40 series, Diablosport InTune, Banks Ram Air CAI,
    WeatherTech, AVS Aeroskin, Tow Mirrors, Upgradeyourauto.com

Nice choices in new vehicles. Having driven the equivalents of both (Enclave & Terrain) I like both of them. When I was doing work experience at a GM dealer last year, the technicians I was with were a bit biased against the enclave/acadia/traverse because of some common early-on engine problems that involved engine removal. On those vehicles, that means putting it on a lift, unbolting the engine and lifting the car off of the engine.

That being said, I believe that has been dealt with now since they've been out for a while and both the equinox and the traverse are great vehicles to drive.

2008 FORD F350. My new all-around truck.
    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread. - Crashed. Will be rebuilt soon.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck -- FOR SALE

Thanks guys. My wife absolutely loves her Traverse. She won't stop talking and bragging about it to anyone who will listen to her. I just drove about 95 miles from my parents house, then about 43 miles to work and they were all pleasant, comfortable miles. I wasn't as near tired as I would have been if I had driven that in my truck.