GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have to disagree with Red. I have a 200 on the rear of my 06 street glide. It rides better than the 01 fatboy I had with a 160 (i think that is what it had). I will agree that there is a sweet spot though. The 280's and 300's are way to wide. I don't think that little bit of a change will be that bad. I had a GSXR 750 and went one size up on the rear and liked it. But it depends on your ridding style.
    Last edited by aloxdaddy99; 03-26-2012 at 09:49 PM.

Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

hmmm I drive a truck so i can take Mystic the big white dog where ever i travel, she is not a fan of Bikes tends to bark at them,, she dose have a little more puppy respect for Harley's, the rest are just Japanese motor cycle road wax ,,, but thats just her opinion.. not mine....

I ride more on the edge than center. No chicken strips for me I grew up racing buells, I think my bike might confuse your dog dirty dog, it ain't jap it's British
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

As has been echoed here, you have to be extremely careful when making any modification like that to what came factory on the bike. Everything about the bike AND rider style have to be taken into account with everything since any little change can make a huge difference on such a small machine. (small comparatively to the trucks we adore on here.) Even if your friend is right about what may or may not have worked for him, that doesn't mean it's right for you or your bike. I think you're right to disagree.

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

Thank you, he said its cuz he is l
    bigger than me even tho I'm 6'3 230 he's just wide. I would lose Alot of quickness on direction change

Quote Originally Posted by Red Z71 Max View Post
    Im going out for a ride tonight on the old Harley. If you don't see anymore posts from me in the next few days, you will know it didn't go as planned. Just joking. I ride very careful and try not to put myself in any bad situations!!!!
    Hey Red, I didn't know you were a biker. I was too for many years and like you said I was careful and drove defensively then one night coming home from a friends house I had a big deer run out on me, I hit him in the head with my shoulder a 65 MPH needless to say the deer died from a broken neck and I eat 150 feet of pavement. I kind of gave up the bikes then, just glad to be alive. You know what you speak of on the bikes and the tires, good advise.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

Dang I can understand, that sounds horrible. I've never hit anything did get pushed into a retaining wall by a girl in a corolla. Shattered my knee cap and tore my leg up. I had my leathers on which probably saved all the skin on my body.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12