GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Congrats on the new job! I recommend taking a look at the cleanmpg.com site. They can really help you increase your mpg with the "new" ride.

For those of us that remember the gas crunch of the 70's remember the real difference then was gas simply wasnt available, remember seeing lines of cars around the block waiting to get into one or two stations that still had fuel they were pricing as high as they could get away with.
    Now the fuel is there its simply being priced high because of speculators on the stock market trying to milk the public for every dollar they can.
    Something I dont understand is if every major petroleum company is pumping, shipping, refining and selling their fuel how the heck are the speculators getting it from the companies and then selling it back to them at a higher price?
    As much as I dont like govt. regulation and intervention this situation begs for somebody to oversee and put in some controls, but trusting the govt. is probably to much to ask for since many of their political pacs are financed by donantions from big oil and with the higher prices the govt. itself is bringing in more tax's than ever before. So the public gets it from both sides.
    Remember next election who really helped you out and who didnt, dont be fooled by empty promises look at the track record and vote accordingly. It's time to clean house on both sides of the aisle.

Since I have a 64 mile commute to work I cant wait for better weather to start riding my bike again, 52mpg definately beats the 18 I get with my new truck and the 14 I was getting with my old truck.

Congrats on the new job. And yeah, it will be more common. I've been fighting the idea of getting a commuter for quite a while, mostly on the basis of "What was the point in getting the LTZ package if I'm not going to spend time in it?" We'll see how long that works. But it's worked so far.

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

Master Mechanic

ohhh phew...I thought you were going to say that you no longer had your truck. Glad to hear the car was merely an addition and that you are still a proud chevy owner! Congrats on the new job. Once the weather gets warmer I too will be adding another commuter vehicle to the road to help save a little gas money.

@Red Z71 Max
    Well as far as downsizing...me being the not so smart one..just had to have a truck. went from a 42 mpg car to a 14 mpg gas hog, I still love her more than my car though! and she hyper-miles good in neutral when going down a hill, lol

---------- Post added at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Coach24 View Post
    Congrats on the new employment opportunity. I have been oiling up the chain on my Schwinn and trying to figure out how to make it work. I finally figured what the pedals are for and how they turn. My thoughts are that this will save a huge amount of fuel cost if I can remember ho to balance and pedal at the same time.
    All kidding aside , it seems that it will not get better anytime soon. Sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    congrats on the new job, there's a lot of that going around!
    Thanks Steve, but I am glad to see that more and more people are getting jobs and that I am one of them. Hopefully this trend will continue

Quote Originally Posted by roughcntryrado View Post
    Congrats on the new job! i also just bought a little commuter or dd for myself
    Thanks, it does seem that other people are doing it if they have alittle extra money which I think is smart for traveling back and forth to work

Quote Originally Posted by SupplySgt View Post
    I had an 01 Monte Carlo that got 33mpg with a V6. But it had some electrical gremlins so I sold it and started driving the truck again after getting the transmission replaced. I only drive 50-60 miles a week though right now so it really didn't raise my fuel costs much and opened up room for my next project (lack of a project has been driving me nuts). My next project will probably end up being pretty efficient (as long as I can resist stomping the gas pedal) as it will be a turbocharged 3800 in RWD form :D. Congrats on the job though.
    Thanks Sgt, 33 mpg in a V6 is really good but electrical problems are frustrating but driving only 60 miles a week isnt too hard on your wallet even driving a truck. Your next project sounds great maybe start a thread on here about the build but its going to be hard staying out of the boost haha

---------- Post added at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by goldie View Post
    Congrats on the new job! I recommend taking a look at the cleanmpg.com site. They can really help you increase your mpg with the "new" ride.
    Thanks goldie, I did take a look at that website last night, it seems like it has tons of info!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy09LTZCrew View Post
    Congrats on the new job. And yeah, it will be more common. I've been fighting the idea of getting a commuter for quite a while, mostly on the basis of "What was the point in getting the LTZ package if I'm not going to spend time in it?" We'll see how long that works. But it's worked so far.
    Thanks Jeremy, I understand what you mean about buying the truck and then not using it, but in my case I'll always need a truck and I want to keep this truck for a long time so to beable to do that I'll dont want the wear and tear of traveling to work everyday. So keep this car for 5 or so years and sell and buy another one. But of course everyones situation is different

Quote Originally Posted by AMac View Post
    ohhh phew...I thought you were going to say that you no longer had your truck. Glad to hear the car was merely an addition and that you are still a proud chevy owner! Congrats on the new job. Once the weather gets warmer I too will be adding another commuter vehicle to the road to help save a little gas money.
    Haha no worries I would never get rid of my truck to buy a car, I even kept my Bronco lol. But getting a commuter is a great idea and will save enough on gas maybe it will pay for itself over the years lol

2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

as much as it pains me to say it, the wifes malibu may get drove more now. usually when we go someplace we take the truck just cause i liek driving it and its more roomy, but the car does so much better on mileage.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12