GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Got hit by a FORD...

So today, I'm driving to work. I'm stopped at a light and suddenly...SLAM. A guy in a Mustang just creams the back of my truck. We (meaning I) move off the road so traffic can continue, but he can't move his car. I'm furrious of course, because I'm worried that there is some major damage...but he hit the receiver hitch. When I moved my truck, it pulled his bumper off lol. So after the sudden on-set of anger I realize that I just have a small scratch on the plastic of my bumper, where his is currently attached. He was trying to blame me and the officer called him an idiot for driving the way he was in the rain...plus, I'm in my work uniform (Paramedic) so the officer let me go pretty quick.

Just thought it was nice to mention that my receiver hitch destroyed a Ford. Hahahaha. So, I've decided to change the name of my truck to Betto: The Ford Destroyer.

2008 Ext. Cab Silverado LT1 5.3L 2WD
    APC LED Tail Lights | Spec D Smoked Third LED Brake Light | aFe Magnum Force Stage 2 CAI

Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

Now thats a bad thing gone good,,, up here in canada if you hit anyone from behind you are at fault no matter what..... Glad you are ok
    I have this picture in my head of you handing him his new vgrove bumper road tested and all.... and the look of dred in his face.....

That's the way it is here, too...but people are still dumb enough to try and blame it on the person they hit.

2008 Ext. Cab Silverado LT1 5.3L 2WD
    APC LED Tail Lights | Spec D Smoked Third LED Brake Light | aFe Magnum Force Stage 2 CAI

serves the idiot right.

glad your truck is ok. my truck has one of those bully hitch steps on it for that very reason, if i get rear ended, they will hit that first.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

I hate morons that try to blame their f up on others. Glad your trucks ok.

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    US Navy Sailor :sign0011:

Despite there not being a lot of obvious damage, you may want to send the truck off to the body shop to make sure nothing got shifted. A small rear-end collision can shift the frame, especially since it was a direct hit to the hitch. I'm glad everyone was ok.
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 265K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

Jr. Engineer
    Live in Mississippi...But I claim Texas!!

I hope u gave his bumper back. wouldn't want u to get charged with larceny!

2011 Silverado "Black Widow Edition"

7" Lift
    35" Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ's
    20" American Racing Rims With -24 offset
    Recon Smoked Led Tail and 3rd Brake Lights

MCX Conversion Package.....
    Custom Dual Exhaust
    Custom Leather
    Custom Chrome Gauges With Red Back-Lighting
    Black Widow Badges
    Back-up Camera System
    Programmer
    Full Length Nerf bars
    Bull Bar
    Fender Flares
    Hood Scoop

Pioneer Head Unit
    Custom Sub Box With Two Competition 10" JBL's
    Rockford Fosgate 1000w Prime Amp

Legend

Blog Entries

Sorry for your misfortune and I'm glad to hear that nobody was hurt!!!!

(Scott) Myrtle Beach, SC
    January 2012 ROTM WINNER
    2011 GMC Sierra Z71 MAX 6.2 L w/ Trailering Package
    Rough Country, XD Rockstars, Nitto Trail Grapplers, N Fab, Lund Genesis, Putco, Gator Grip,
    Flowmaster 40 series, Diablosport InTune, Banks Ram Air CAI,
    WeatherTech, AVS Aeroskin, Tow Mirrors, Upgradeyourauto.com

Jr. Mechanic

lmao thats hilarious, but I'n glad to hear there was no major damage or injuries. My previous truck was a lifted S-10 which had duals coming out the back with the tips sticking out a little past the bumper and they had a 45 degree slant on them. Someone rear ended me and the tips actually punctured their hood. Guess they really werent paying attention because their car went under my truck kinda far. Luckily they werent hurt either.
    2010 Red Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LT
    Blacked Out
    15% Tint all around
    22" KMC Slide Series Black Chrome Rims
    305/45/22R Nitto Dune Grappler Tires
    ReadyLift Leveling Kit
    K&N CAI
    IPCW Black Halo Projector LED Headlights
    IPCW Black Third brake Light
    IPCW Black LED Taillights
    Street Scene Front Bumper Valance
    Street Scene Black Chrome Grille
    Black Bowties
    Magnaflow Dual Exhaust
    Alpine Touchscreen Headunit
    4 Kicker RS Componet Speakers
    Kicker 12" L7 subwoofer w/ Kicker ZX1500.1 Amplifier

X2 what @Crawdaddy said, just to be sure. Glad to hear no one was hurt and the only casualty was the 'stang and probably the driver's pride. I'm going to get a hitch also!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast