Results 1 to 10 of 11
03-27-2012, 01:21 PM #1
- Join Date
- Dec 2004
- Arlington, Texas, United States
- Blog Entries
Equinox or Terrain - Looking at one for a commuter car
I've driven both the Equinox and also the Terrain in the past years, and I've been thinking alot about getting one as a commuter vehicle for myself.
REASONS TO GET AN EQUINOX
- It's not that small. I'm 6'4" and I fit inside it perfectly well. It's cozy, but not cramped for me.
- It gets great gas mileage, perfect for a commuter car. Should see MPG around 25 for where I drive.
- I can tow my utility trailer and/or a pop-up camper trailer with it, so it could be used for utility purposes with the 3.4 or 3.6 engine.
- We should be able to get 3 kids across the rear seat if we need to. Two car seats and the oldest is just about done with the booster.
- If it's treated right, should last to 200,000 miles w/o any major mechanical issues.
- I like the styling of it, will do just fine for a monday to friday commuter.
REASONS TO NOT GET AN EQUINOX
- It's not that big. It would be nice to find something that's slightly larger, but that would give lower MPG.
- Getting three kids in here would be snug. 95% of the time it would be just me though, so that's not a major issue.
- Can't tow a full-sized trailer if we go with the 2.4L ecotec four-cylinder that gets the good MPG. Would have to get the 3.4 or 3.6.
- Would have to take the trailer each time I made a run to the hardware store.
Thoughts from equinox owners? Am I right on the money on this for everything that I want to do with it?
Last edited by Steve; 03-27-2012 at 01:24 PM.
10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)
Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today
By mkaresh in forum Chevy Equinox Forum (GMC Terrain)Replies: 11Last Post: 07-11-2012, 10:52 AM
By Steve in forum Chevy Traverse Forum (GMC Acadia, Buick Enclave)Replies: 0Last Post: 09-20-2010, 11:20 PM
By terr in forum Chevy Equinox Forum (GMC Terrain)Replies: 3Last Post: 07-01-2010, 04:16 PM
By Steve in forum Chevy Traverse Forum (GMC Acadia, Buick Enclave)Replies: 0Last Post: 11-05-2009, 09:10 AM
By Steve in forum Chevy Equinox Forum (GMC Terrain)Replies: 1Last Post: 10-08-2009, 07:01 PM