GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

I'm glad we don't have a firestone store around here. I stick with a fairly small chain Tire Rama. I think they have like 40 some odd stores across the north west, and the guys know me by name now that I go to them exclusively. I do have to drive an extra 10 miles, but their service is well worth it, and they will actually take you out to the shop and show you and explain what is wrong and what they will do to correct the problem. And if you have a problem with their service, they actually own up to it and will make amends. I have to use Les Schwab for work, and while the guys I deal with are fine, I have used them on personal rigs in the past and will not ever again.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

never been to firestone, and never will, I stay far far away from those places. I do it myself, or pay a dealer to, i realize that I may pay a little more, but its worth it, cause i know its done right. ( to a point, i realize dealers can screw you over as well)

havnt found a place in VB i trust enough with my car and truck.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Interesting and very informative read from the very begining. I certainly learned from this discussion. As an after thought, you may want to consider lodging a complaint about this dealer with the local Better Business Bureau, Chamber of Commerce, and/or Angie's List.
    Last edited by Goldie; 04-01-2012 at 06:10 PM. Reason: misspelling

Quote Originally Posted by goldie View Post
    Interesting and very informative read from the very begining. I certainly learned from this discussion. As an after thought, you may want to consider lodging a complaint about this dealer with the local Better Business Bureau, Chamber of Commerce, and/or Angie's List.
    i think angie's list is about the only thing that can hurt them of those 3. the bbb and cc are powerless. the unions seen to that. its not much different than in the navy or corp, if some sh_t bag higher up in the ranks is messing with you, well suck it up because no1 will help you. so pretty much complaining to most anything or one will do nothing. getting on forums, Angie's list, and facebook is just about todays best way to hurt Firestone or any other crap shack shop.
    94 sub 6inch lift 34inch bfg mt. massive rework project soon. the audio system hit 150.3db so now its time to rebuild and try for 155db. mudpuppy is also getting a new engine, rebuilt ifs, dual 500amp 15.1vdc alts, 5 5,000amp batts, ant the combined wattage with the new system should be close to 15,000watts. this is going to be a wild ride boy and girls.

@Coach24, I dealt with alot of people coming into the parts store complaining about shops and how they were ripped off. I would only suggest people to a few local shops that I knew the reputation of. I also had a bad dealing with one of the commercial customer from my shop. I went over and asked them to change the oil in my truck, they said it would cost $100 for 4 quarts of synthetic oil and a Wix filter. I asked them if I provided the oil and filter what the charge would be, there response was $100. They would only use the oil and filter they purchased, which was from the same place I was getting the oil and filter. The same parts store I worked at! One of the workers told me that the owner does this so he can mark up the prices on the oil and filter. Every time someone mentioned they were taking their car there I talked them out of it.
    Old Show Trucks USA conversion
    Custom Paint, interior (Wood grain and leather seats) windows so dark you need a flash light to see me, stock rims, headers, dual exhaust.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123