GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by 08_rado_rocker View Post
    I thought the same thing when my work truck did that to me.. granted it was a 2006 FORD.. but it was the exact same symptoms as you're explaining. which could seem as if the vehicle was in limp mode AND would cause a spark issue, as the air/fuel mixture would be inadequate for the throttle position desired when you stick your foot in it.
    That could make sense.I'll try to check it this weekend.The truck does have 275,000 klicks on it and who knows how much idle time as it was an old BC Hydro truck.

Legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SRIslash View Post

I haven't found the "set timing" connector yet.I assume that is what that is.
    Since I'm not familiar with your vehicle, I can only go by what I find using other resources. Below describes the Set Timing Connector....I think it is the same, but you'll have check it out and see if it makes sense to you.

__________________________________________________ __________________________

Put the IC system in the bypass mode by disconnecting the “set timing” connector. This is a single wire sealed connector that has a tan with black stripe lead. This connector breaks out of the wiring harness below the heater case in the passenger compartment.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Just went out and looked there actually.In my searches online they sure seem to be in a variety of places.

Legend

Blog Entries

Would the larger (exhaustive) Chilton's on-line repair manual be of help to you? If so, click the link below, go post #61, and then click the link there.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...hlight=chilton

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

I can't tell if this will help you or not but it's a wiring diagram of a 1988.

http://imageshack.us/f/27/tbiwiring.jpg/

Don't know if your gone already,but just wanted to say thanks.I have some more to go through now and I'll be sure to let you know if it's a fix.

Legend

Blog Entries

You're welcome.

Yeah....I stepped away for a few. And yes, definitely looking forward to hearing how it goes.

Well I finally found the "set timing" connector and set the static timing to "0".The truck started running better as the computer relearned it's parameters.Ran into the city and back and it was great.Then last night the problem started back up and the CEL came on. NEXT????

Sr. Engineer

Could be the esc located in front of the map sensor. Check that it is getting 5 volt reference and ground.
    Make sure connection at ignition module is good . Located in dist on bottom.
    Check all sensors for 5 volt reference if they are not getting any maybe ecm is bad.
    If it was the map would have hesitation or a no start. Check knock sensor.
    RESIDENT NUT.....MY CLAIM TO FAME .....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12