GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Sea Foam=Awesome

I had not heard of sea foam until about a year ago. My buddy with a boat swears by it. So today I decided to buy some. I put one bottle in the fuel tank of my 03 yukon xl the filled it up. I also introduced 1/2 a bottle into the upper end of the motor thru the break booster vacuum line. After I sucked it up, I shut it off and let it sit for 10 minutes. When I started it it smoked like crazy. But, my idle is the smoothest it has been since I purchased it. (one year ago). It has 148,000 on it now, but runs smoother then my 2002 did with 100,000. It ran rough at 1100 rpm in park. Now it runs smooth. I am considering adding 1/2 a bottle to the oil right before I change it next time. I am a little hesitant though as I have never added anything to my oil. Any thoughts on adding it to the oil? The last owner used what ever cheap oil he could find. I use mobil one. Thanks for your thoughts in advance

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

I have never used it myself. But there are many on this forum that do add it to their oil about 300 miles or so before an oil change. My wifes Saturn Vue is starting to get up in miles so I am thinking about adding it before I change the oil this time. I would like to add some to the vacuum lines to clean the motor out a little better. I have always changed the oil at 5k miles. I also use mobil 1 in all my vehicles. ( I would use Amsoil if I could find a dist. close by) I am not sure which line to take off to feed it in through the brake booster. How did you figure out/find out which one of the lines to pull off?

Quote Originally Posted by aloxdaddy99 View Post
    I have never used it myself. But there are many on this forum that do add it to their oil about 300 miles or so before an oil change. My wifes Saturn Vue is starting to get up in miles so I am thinking about adding it before I change the oil this time. I would like to add some to the vacuum lines to clean the motor out a little better. I have always changed the oil at 5k miles. I also use mobil 1 in all my vehicles. ( I would use Amsoil if I could find a dist. close by) I am not sure which line to take off to feed it in through the brake booster. How did you figure out/find out which one of the lines to pull off?
    It is the big hose running from the back of your intake to your brake booster.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Put 1/2 a can in your oil about 40-60 miles before you change it..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

This is something I've been planning to do for a while and now that I'm not around my truck for a while, I wish I'd started it a while ago. I will say that as soon as I get back, seafoam is going into it everywhere I can.

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

One thing to remember NOT to do is let it sit for any long period of time, if you're going anything with seafoam, do it the day you put it in, if you let it sit, it dries seals very fast! It's an amazing product, but not very kind on seals.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    EFI Live Comp Cam and Valvetrain Snow Performance Methanol Injection
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat
    Electric Fan Autometer Pressure, Boost, and Pyro Gauges
    4.56 Gears Airlift Air Bag Suspension

It's great stuff. I just picked up a 93 Burb that has not been started in 10 years. I put some foam in the tank, (and even though I had to poar fuel down the throttle body to get it started) it runs great when it runs. Smoked like crazy at first. Can't wait to see how it helped when it runs consistantly.
    Please Tell Your Boobs To Quit Staring At My Eyes