GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default What's Your Cylinder Index??

Aight, you are probably wondering what the heck a Cylinder Index is, or what im on about.

in a nutshell, your cylinder index is very simple, its the ratio of the amount of internal combustion cylinders, to your age. mines 15/25. 15 cylinders, and 25 years old.

theory goes that it should be 1/1, one cylinder for every year you are old. leniency is given for younger among us. (like me lol)
    the closer you are to 1/1, the better.

anywho, the details of mine is 8 in the truck, 6 in the car, and 1 from my pushmower.

heres the rules.

they must run, or you must intend for them to run within the next year. Project engines count, the 74 ford parked in the weeds that hasn't moved under its own power for 20 years, dosn't. lawnmowers, 4wheelers, leaf blowers and so on, all count. things like air compressors, while having a cylinder, don't have internal combustion, so they are out.

just curious as to what some of our older members have tucked away. this is all for fun, don't take it serious.

have fun.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

My cylinder index is 50/47 so I can hold off buying anything new for a few years

32/24

3 lm7s and one 427

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

OH MY!!! I may need to get my calculator... I have run out of fingers and toes.... this is the view to the west of my officeClick image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	36877
    and there is three more sides and a few compounds as well.... most if not all of these have gone through the shop for spring start up....
    Is it good to have more cylinders then years,,, will it make me feel younger?.....Hope so lmao

Sorry had a double post there??????

And yes these are owned and operated by me and my staff
    .... sorry i am in....

P.S. I could be convinced to sell the lot.... for the right $$$$....
    lmao.....i would like to retire and play with my trucks and dog...

i should mention they must be owned by you, no company stuff. so dirty dog, that fleet of stuff is out, unless you own the company i guess.

Alex

17/32.

8 from my 2009 Silverado 5.3
    8 from my '74 Pontaic Catalina Station Wagon 455 (It runs, but it's with my parents in southern California while I make room for it so haven't touched it in a while)
    1 from my lawnmower.

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

39/34
    2 302 interceptor engines complete and usible
    1 back up 3.8 sc engine for my t-bird
    1 3.8 sc engine in the tbird
    350 in the suburban
    straight 3 in my boat
    94 sub 6inch lift 34inch bfg mt. massive rework project soon. the audio system hit 150.3db so now its time to rebuild and try for 155db. mudpuppy is also getting a new engine, rebuilt ifs, dual 500amp 15.1vdc alts, 5 5,000amp batts, ant the combined wattage with the new system should be close to 15,000watts. this is going to be a wild ride boy and girls.

I was hoping to do better. 21/29

8 in the truck
    4 in the Saturn
    4 in the Altima
    4 in the Land Rover
    1 in the Mower
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

16/24.

TBI 350 in the Burb, L82 Carbed 350 in the 73 Z28. Sounds like I need another project or two hehe.
    93 Suburban (Southern Slayer): TBI 350, 4L60E
    73 Z28 Camaro: L82, TKO 600

KJ4CLI

"...Death smiles at us all, all a man can do is smile back..."

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by