GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Top Gear

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I think for most it's that Cool factor and I have the best.. BUT if you look at the Car and Driver 10 Best and Worst The raptor was the Worst for Handleing,Breaking,and MPG's..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Jr. Mechanic

Personally I wouldn't want a Raptor ina ny way shape or form. I'd much rather buy a stock truck and add all of my own extras. It gives me the opportunity to make my truck customized and truly "my own". If you get a truck like that then you dont have very many options for aftermarket parts, therefore it looks just like every other Raptor out there. blah.
    2010 Red Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LT
    Blacked Out
    15% Tint all around
    22" KMC Slide Series Black Chrome Rims
    305/45/22R Nitto Dune Grappler Tires
    ReadyLift Leveling Kit
    K&N CAI
    IPCW Black Halo Projector LED Headlights
    IPCW Black Third brake Light
    IPCW Black LED Taillights
    Street Scene Front Bumper Valance
    Street Scene Black Chrome Grille
    Black Bowties
    Magnaflow Dual Exhaust
    Alpine Touchscreen Headunit
    4 Kicker RS Componet Speakers
    Kicker 12" L7 subwoofer w/ Kicker ZX1500.1 Amplifier

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy09LTZCrew View Post
    I'm at the point I want to start doing a lot more of the work myself, but I need a project vehicle because I don't want to learn through trial and error on the DD. Dirty Dog, as far as your post about what you want the lift for and height is exactly what's kept me from choosing exactly what I want to this point. My truck is the DD, so it has to be functional for that.
    Here's my suggestion: rent a vehicle for the period where the lift is being installed (whether by you or someone else). It's a heck of a lot cheaper than buying a vehicle....

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    I think for most it's that Cool factor and I have the best.. BUT if you look at the Car and Driver 10 Best and Worst The raptor was the Worst for Handleing,Breaking,and MPG's..
    From my own experience and actually owning a raptor most part is the cool factor. but what are they comparing the raptor to cause the chevy trucks are all on 245 stock and the rator is sitting on a long travel lift with 35 and it handels better and turns better then what my chevy is.as for breaking the ford out beats my chevy in stopping you barley got to touch the brake and your stopping and how and why would you buy a 6.2L raptor with 4.10 rear end for better gas milage if someone is so worry about it then they should stick to there prius imo.

but if you want the same type suspension as the raptor your better of going and buys a long travel kit for your truck it would do everything the raptor can and maybe more.

Fabtech/Banks Ram Air |Fuel Off Road/ 315/70/17 duratracs |Hyper tech / Spencershids |
    Color Matched Bowtie |15% Tint on Front Windows|20% Tint on Back Windows

Chevy Ridin' High
    "Black rims are as cool as a boner at a swim meet"

The raptor is ugly on the outside and beautiful underneath. I have driven one in every condition but sand and it's got way more body lean then my Chevy. I'm looking into a long arm for the front but I'll be using adjustable coil overs so I can have the firmness when I need it
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123