GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A bit of news.

Default A bit of news.

Found out today from the Lieutenant Instead of leaving for afgahnistan on the 22nd of april, supposidly they are transfering me to another unit in the battalion. the other unit is supposidly going to kuwait end of may early june time frame. kinda of a pain in the A$$, tired of getting jerked around and not informed.

be nice to be home with the daughter and the wife, but at the same time, im not going to be with my buddies. dont know anyone in the other unit, or the command.

just kinda of a PITA for me right now.

point is, ill be around for another couple of months.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Dang man sorry to hear about this. That is good news your not leaving yet but I can see where that would be very irritating. So that means you still stationed where you are at now though?

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    4'' Diamond eye to 6'' tip
    16'' ion alloy, 33'' fierce attitudes
    Lots of work left to do!

Well that the government for you. Never well prepared or informative. I hear Kuwait fuel is cheap though so maybe you can find a chv truck and do some dand brodies.
    Spend all the quality time you can with family until your departure and that will make it a bit easier to stomach.
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

Hey Man,,, GMC/CHEVY/Dude,,, and Friend,,,, I only know this,,, I can never thank you and all that have served and for what you do, daily .....
    and there is only two problems with what you do ..... the first one is in your first post........the second one best not be discussed in a truck form......

Sounds like you ticked someone off Sierra....

Quote Originally Posted by Sierraowner5.3 View Post
    Found out today from the Lieutenant Instead of leaving for afgahnistan on the 22nd of april, supposidly they are transfering me to another unit in the battalion. the other unit is supposidly going to kuwait end of may early june time frame. kinda of a pain in the A$$, tired of getting jerked around and not informed.

be nice to be home with the daughter and the wife, but at the same time, im not going to be with my buddies. dont know anyone in the other unit, or the command.

just kinda of a PITA for me right now.

point is, ill be around for another couple of months.

Alex
    Wow, that sucks. If you were heading to Afghanistan still I'd have asked where. If you were in the Kabul area we could have met up. Sorry to hear it's going down like that for you. Deployments are hard enough without being jerked around at the last minute and everything changing.

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

Waiting is always the hardest part, but you already know the military's motto "Hurry up and Wait"

Sorry to hear about the standard issue jerking around but I hope everything works out good for you and you return home safe to your family after your tour. Thank you for your service to our country, we all know on here that freedom is not free.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

x2 on the "Hurry up and wait".

well a little longer at home is good but sorry to hear about the rest man.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast