GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 2006 LT Progamming a new keyless entry remote

Anyone know how to program a new key fob remote for a 2006 Silverado LT with manual locks and windows? Only instructions I can find are for power locks.

Thanks.

Legend

Blog Entries

Just out of curiosity, since you have manual locks, what features/functions are you planning on using with the remote? I'm just having trouble connecting keyless entry with manual locks.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

It's my uncle's truck. The truck came with 2 remote fobs to operate the door locks. He lost one and the other got wet and quit working. He asked me to order him a new one. I didn't know he didn't have power locks (hence no lock/unlock button) and windows until I went to program the new one.
    Last edited by RealRileyJr; 04-02-2012 at 10:09 PM.

Legend

Blog Entries

I'm still a little confused...if he does not have power locks, what is the remote used for? Are you sure he does not have power locks?

In any case, I can only find instructions that use the power locks....I also pasted a link to the website in case you want to poke around and see what you can find.

http://programyourremote.com/classif...yAd.asp?id=359

1. Close all vehicle doors.
    2. Insert the key into the ignition.
    3. Hold down the power UNLOCK button on the driver’s door panel-continue to hold
    down until instructed to release in step 9.

4. Perform steps 5 through 8 in fairly rapid succession.
    5. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (as far as you can go without starting the
    engine).

6. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
    7. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
    8. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
    9. Release the power unlock button on the door panel. The vehicle will lock and unlock
    the doors automatically.

10. Hold down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter simultaneously until
    the door locks and unlocks.
    This step may take up to 30 seconds.

11. Repeat step 10 NOW for each additional transmitter (including any existing
    transmitters).

12. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position in order to exit the transmitter programming
    mode.

Quote Originally Posted by RealRileyJr View Post
    It's my uncle's truck. The truck came with 2 remote fobs to operate the door locks. He lost one and the other got wet and quit working. He asked me to order him a new one. I didn't know he didn't have power locks (hence no lock/unlock button) and windows until I went to program the new one.
    Since you are the worlds greatest nephew for Uncle Carlton, order and install a new aftermarket lock/unlock that comes with 2 NEW key fobs; like my signature says, I have seen you do some amazing things.

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs