GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

Thanx Enkeiavalanche.... umm fuel, well I know my nissan pathfinder costs just shy of or just over of 90.00 to fill with premium.so that would be like 1.35 or so a litre. and i by diesel bulk so un fair to say what people pay at the pump ,,,i try my best to fill up at home.. diesel is about 1.20 a litre at the pump,,, but it goes up and down here like a yoyo..... and reg gas is any where from 1.13 to 1.20 per litre....
    hahaha now your going to ask me how many litres in a US gallon right.... lmao..... a litre is aprox. 1 quart.... we use imperial gallons here and i have no idea what the diff is US gallon to imperial.....

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

3.8L= 1 Gal WOW
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Nice video dirty, it's nice to actually see that beast having some fun. And you didn't bring mystic? Really? I thought you two were attached at the hipe, especially when it came to rides in the topkick. I don't blame her for being irritated.

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

3.8L * $1.20 = $4.56/gal.

If memory serves the 2007 Topkick has one of three fuel capacities: 32, 40, and 60 gallon. I just checked and the EPA rating on the Topkick is 7mpg. So:

• If Dirty Dog has the 32 gallon then his fill-up from empty would be $4.56 * 32 = $145.92 (assuming a retail price of $4.56/gal) and he could travel 32gal * 7mpg = 224 miles on that fill-up.

• If he has the 40 gallon tank then his fill-up from empty would be $4.56 * 40 = $182.40 (assuming a retail price of $4.56/gal) and he could travel 40gal * 7mpg = 280 miles on that fill-up.

• If he has the 60 gallon tank then his fill-up from empty would be $4.56 * 60 = $273.60 (assuming a retail price of $4.56/gal) and he could travel 60gal * 7mpg = 420 miles on that fill-up.

Topkicking is spendy!

Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

The Dirty Dog when I got it(new) I was getting 6 mpg(us)... thought i would go broke before i got to the job site.....

After the proper breaking in procedure were complete which i can explain in an other thread,, was getting 8 mpg a little better ... but still nervous
    I have noticed that i get better milage pulling a load then with an empty trailer, not sure why yet, but still seems to be the case...

now with the edge controller in economy tune... I am getting almost 12mpg,,, but i uncorked the duramax and that helped dramatically..

As our season is just starting and will start towing heavy loads again soon i will be able to tell you all what its like in tow tune with a load as for now N/A

I have the 4x4 and the canada safety laws here forbid us to have the front tank. there is a 60 gallon tank in the rear... and the last fill at a trucks stop was 130.00.. from Saskatoon to Regina on 3/4 tank no trailer or load... this cost aprox. 85.00 to go 2 and 1/2 hour drive at highway speed 110kl or 70mph...

now the killer.... edge performance mode 1 not sure yet... the truck is fast and powerful but i can watch the fuel needle drop.... have not tried the performance 2 mode as of yet because this is a new mode to the top kick...but i would think it will be into the four or five mpg range and very curious to see what the truck will do for performance ....

To me it is all relevant my money maker : A John Deer Track loader 323d has a 70 horse trubo charged plant runs me between 10 to 15 dollars an hour in fuel costs depending on the implement and work load i put on it... so my top kick is what i call cheap to run, for as much as we run it....It is all about right tool for the job....
    And for comparison purposes I run my 2002 stock Nissan Pathfinder to Saskatoon with Premium fuel one way cost 60.00...
    so I am rather happy with the Topkick.....

Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

Ok I posted the longer final cut vid, from the footage shot before,,, added some new stuff but no new video... i also made this video public, on youtube...EEEK!!! it was not HD and the sound quality sucks! i guess you get what you wait for....but other then that I guess its ok......here is the link if your interested,,,

I just fixed the audio track for this video,,, it should be up in a few hours, again i am not doing the HD this time don't have the like 2000 mins ...to wait lol... i will post the new link when it is finished..... doing its Youtube thing..... that link up there is the fixed version... enjoy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12