GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Jr. Apprentice

Default Air conditioning repair

I have a 2002 Suburban LT with about 130k on it. About a year ago I had the condenser, drier and orifice tube replaced, and now the compressor is going out. My question is, since I replaced the drier and orifice tube last time, do I need to replace them again? The compressor hasn't failed completely yet, but it will soon. It is losing a bearing, and makes a loud screeching noise when the AC is on and the engine is under load.

i think you should replace compressor of A/c.

They say that anytime the system is cracked open, especially for a compressor replacement you should replace the drier/receiver. They're only about $25.
    Current Rides: |99 Chevy Suburban- the family truckster |93 Lincoln Town Car- 250K miles & still churning -now a fan of the Panther platform
    Former GM cars: |78 Suburban 454 |71 Buick Electra 225 (deuce & a quarter) |75 Monte Carlo- 400SB- heaviest doors GM every made |70 Impala coupe- my 1st car

I do a lot of repairs on Class 8 truck a/c's. I always replace the drier or condenser to keep the system dry. Water is an a/c system's worst enemy. It creates acids which attack metallic surfaces inside the system. Cheap insurance. Prevents come-backs.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Tholen View Post
    I have a 2002 Suburban LT with about 130k on it. About a year ago I had the condenser, drier and orifice tube replaced, and now the compressor is going out. My question is, since I replaced the drier and orifice tube last time, do I need to replace them again? The compressor hasn't failed completely yet, but it will soon. It is losing a bearing, and makes a loud screeching noise when the AC is on and the engine is under load.
    Air conditioning is now an extremely popular method of providing not only cooling but also heating for offices and homes as whichever air conditioning system is selected the system guarantees the perfect indoor temperature all year round, replacing stale air with fresh clean air, removing impurities and reducing humidity levels.

If you are looking to install a new air conditioning unit to your home or business premises within Surrey, Kent, the South East or London then you may call the experts at Cooling Climate who have over 8 years’ experience in the complete project management of air conditioning systems.

The expert professional team at Cooling Climate provide their valued customers with the ultimate service right through from the initial design to final testing and commissioning of the air conditioning system, on-going maintenance and servicing.