GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Hybrid View

Default Dallas Tornados April 2012 ~ Tornados all around me ~ DFW Texas

Just had some Tornados go over me. I'm south of Fort Worth and on the edge of Mansfield Texas right now. Not a good feeling, saw the video live of those big 53 foot tractor trailers get through around like a deck of cards, just amazing, hope no one was really hurt, but that would be incredible if no one was.

Dallas Tornados April 2012

Here's the rain out by my work. The rain came swirling around us after the Tornado went past us to the west by about 1/4 mile and then it slammed into Kennedale which is just north of us.

Last edited by ChevyFan; 04-03-2012 at 08:56 PM.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Looks like round two is on the way, we can hear the winds pickup and see the rain coming our way again.

I was watching that live on CNN. I'm now glad I flew out of Austin (through DFW) about this time yesterday instead of today, as the FAA placed a ground hold on all flights originally bound for DFW ... about 45 mins ago.

Stay safe.

It is a bad feeling indeed. We had tornadoes last year here. It leveled our Lowe's home improvement store... Irony! Keep your head down! Stay safe. We are all keeping you in our thoughts!
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Yeah, Steve I saw the tornadoes on Fox news And I thought of you. I wasn't sure if you were close to there or not but I am glad you are okay. I hope everyone else is too. Eyes open and stay safe man.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

I updated the OP in this thread with video from the rain that swirled around us after the tornado passed by.

Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

Wow I thought they got crazy up here,,, Glad your safe Steve....

Glad you're safe, Steve.

Wow. I really hope there aren't many, if any injuries, and no deaths. Forces of nature are fascinating as hell just to marvel at the raw power, but the appreciation lessens quite a bit when human life becomes at stake.

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by