GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default First look at 2014 Chevy Impala

Wow...

Can't wait to see more...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	319894_10150700333712296_77589292295_9074695_1182869367_n.jpg 
Views:	732 
Size:	34.1 KB 
ID:	37132

Live reveal at 9am. http://spr.ly/ImpaLS
    Last edited by ejohnson03; 04-04-2012 at 06:06 AM.
    Pavement sucks... :grrrrrr:

1994 K1500 4x4 Ext. Cab
    PCM chip and Xenon 8000k bulbs
    350cu.in bored over .050"
    balanced Crank, 10:1 compression
    Flat top pistons,cam,ported heads
    Option Racing Cold Air Intake
    Holley Throttle Body Spacer
    Accell Igition, 45kv coil
    FloTech Headers, no CATs, dual exhuast
    Goodyear Silent Armor A/T 305/70-16
    Pioneer SupertunerIII CD USB Bluetooth
    Kicker ZX200.2 ZX Amp
    Kicker Audio COMP 10" Subwoofer

Huh. Well that's certainly different than the current Impalas. I'm honestly not sure how I feel about it. Part of me really likes it. The other part of me thinks it just reminds me of a cross between a Buick and a Camry.

BUT, if this means they're starting to release info and that the truck images might be released soon, then I'm all for it. Honestly, I think I'll have to see the whole line before judging the impala. I also think a lot of how I feel about it will be based on what engines they make available for it. (If that information is in the link provided, my apologies, but the link was blocked from where I am.

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

Checked this out online earlier; certainly looks like a big departure from some of the lame styling the Impala has had for the past couple generations. This thing has style! A very welcome change! Hopefully this also hints at what we can expect on some future models too.
    Have You Smoked A Hemi Lately? Why, Yes I Have!
    2008 Sierra RC/SB, Iron Block 5.3L(LMG)
    , 3.42, Locking Diff, HD Cooling, HD Suspension, Towing Package.
    Raptor Stainless Steel Step Bars, Folding Tonneau Cover, DiabloSport Predator

With the efforts of Ford and the Mustang, Dodge and the Challenger, and GM with the Camaro, heading toward a retro look, I would like to see the Impala with nod toward the 1965 era Impalas.

A nice SS fast back, with updated technologies, like a twin turbo V6 or Supercharged V8.

Quote Originally Posted by ejohnson03 View Post
    With the efforts of Ford and the Mustang, Dodge and the Challenger, and GM with the Camaro, heading toward a retro look, I would like to see the Impala with nod toward the 1965 era Impalas.

A nice SS fast back, with updated technologies, like a twin turbo V6 or Supercharged V8.
    I completely agree. I do like the look of this new Impala....just not as an Impala if you know what I mean. Looks like they are trying to go after the European sedan style market ie. the M5 or a Jag.

2012 Silverado 1500 LS Crew Cab 4.8L 4x4
    - Nitto Tera Grapler 265/70R17, Line-X bed liner, Black Bowties, Stampede front deflector, DeeZee black diamond plate bed rails, TonnoPro Lo-roll cover, Antenna deleted, Spyder Projection Headlights with Phillips CrystalVision Ultra bulbs, Spyder Tail Lights & 3rd Brake Light, Rough Country leveling kit, PlastiDip'd emblems, and wheel hubs, Diablosport Trinity, 20% tint, Black OEM grill

"Coming through in a new Chevy, droppin' game like it's too heavy."

Looks like a beamer..
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    EFI Live Comp Cam and Valvetrain Snow Performance Methanol Injection
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat
    Electric Fan Autometer Pressure, Boost, and Pyro Gauges
    4.56 Gears Airlift Air Bag Suspension

hyundai sonata look, they couldnt have done any worse then the remake of the charger. and then they leave the same bodystyle and throw in the charger taillight which i liked, but still a miserable fail.

2003 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3
    Factory Tint
    Recon Taillights
    2.5 ReadyLift Leveling Kit
    Low Profile Toolbox
    Westin Nerf Steps

Legend

Blog Entries

I like the looks of it but I think a few years down the road it will just look like another four door sedan that will be bought and driven by men over sixty years old and they're wives. Maybe if they make an SS version and turbo charge it it might become a little more interesting to a wider buyer demographic.

(Scott) Myrtle Beach, SC
    January 2012 ROTM WINNER
    2011 GMC Sierra Z71 MAX 6.2 L w/ Trailering Package
    Rough Country, XD Rockstars, Nitto Trail Grapplers, N Fab, Lund Genesis, Putco, Gator Grip,
    Flowmaster 40 series, Diablosport InTune, Banks Ram Air CAI,
    WeatherTech, AVS Aeroskin, Tow Mirrors, Upgradeyourauto.com

Here's more pictures of it. It looks nice But they're only focusing on gas mileage no http://www.motortrend.com/auto_shows..._20.html#photo
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

That thing looks fantastic. It does have a lot of Buick DNA in it but I can live with it. Their design has lacked for the last few decades in many vehicles and it is nice that Chevrolet is getting back to adding style in their vehicles. The new Malibu, Cruze, and even the Sonic just show that Chevrolet is trying to carve a path for themselves in saturated markets. I hope to see more positive development in the future.
    Sometimes the best part of my job is that my chair swivels.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by