GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: New Head Unit

Hybrid View

Jr. Engineer
    Reidsville, North Carolina, United States

Default New Head Unit

Replacing my factory head unit i have bose and onstar which interface is most everyone using is PAC the best or what others has people been using. I will also be looking for a steering wheel control adapter interface.
    [IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Craig\My Documents\Downloads[/IMG]T Tuff Country Leveling Kit 285/75/16 Mickey Thompson MTZ 16x8 Moto Metal 951 Wheels Tow Mirrors Westin Winch Tray Pioneer Radio Blackout Bowtie Billet Grill Insert Gullwing Toolbox

Quote Originally Posted by groceryman View Post
    Replacing my factory head unit i have bose and onstar which interface is most everyone using is PAC the best or what others has people been using. I will also be looking for a steering wheel control adapter interface.
    PAC is the most common.

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

PAC will have both solutions for you.

Regarding steering wheel controls, I've used both the PAC SWI-JACK and the Metra Axxess ASWC to retain my factory steering wheel controls with a new head unit. Of the two, I recommend the Metra Axxess ASWC as it's a) less work to install in terms of things you must access on the truck and wires you must find, b) self-programming, and c) reliable. I can say none of those things for the PAC SWI-JACK as it pertains to use with a Kenwood head unit.

Like you I have an 04 that had Bose and OnStar. I completely removed the Bose system so I needed the chime module and used PAC OS-2CBOSE, which worked (and is still working) just fine.
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 04-06-2012 at 01:11 AM.

Good thread. I'll hopefully be upgrade my head unit, and crutchfield recommends the PAC. I'll have to look into the other you mentioned Surreal. Ease of installation is definitely a factor to consider.

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

Jr. Engineer
    Reidsville, North Carolina, United States

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	radio.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	38173Just got in new jvc head unit it a world of difference sounds great

Quote Originally Posted by groceryman View Post
    Just got in new jvc head unit it a world of difference sounds great
    Good work! That came out nice and clean.