GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

You can find a whole bed somewhere cheaper than that of course...but then you're looking at paint to match too.

Or you could have your girl fork out the cash for the repair.

2008 Ext. Cab Silverado LT1 5.3L 2WD
    APC LED Tail Lights | Spec D Smoked Third LED Brake Light | aFe Magnum Force Stage 2 CAI

Well I got really lucky and found a bed the same color for $550. I'm going to get it tomorrow and yes she's paying for it. So it's all good lol.

Good news for you...not so much for her lol.

2008 Ext. Cab Silverado LT1 5.3L 2WD
    APC LED Tail Lights | Spec D Smoked Third LED Brake Light | aFe Magnum Force Stage 2 CAI

She should pay you for your trouble, too ... in unquantifiable ways.

That estimate seems reasonable. Try to get the bedside through LMC or another company. Usually replacement panels from shops are increased in price so the shop can make up for the loss in labor from replacement instead of repair. You wouldn't want to repair that panel anyway since the dent needs pushed out and the slice welded (you will see the weld in the right light anyway).

I would make the girlfriend pay for it. I made my gf's cousin buy me a new bumper when she backed into my car a few years back. It wasn't your fault and you shouldn't have to pay for it all. If you're further in your relationship than just gf (living together, sharing bills, etc), you need to work together to pay for the repairs.
    Sometimes the best part of my job is that my chair swivels.

So I got the new bed put on just haven't had time to post. It's a stepside and it bolts right up, just had to do some bumper modification. Will post pics tomorrow after I figure out why smoke was coming out from under the hood tonight.... :((

Wow, one problem leads to another, huh? I'm glad you got the bed at least, and glad the gf forked over the cash for it. That being said, I agree with Surreal above. There should be a cost to make up for pain and suffering... just saying...

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

Make sure your girlfriend watches this video.....it should make her feel better.

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

Quote Originally Posted by sstoner911 View Post
    Make sure your girlfriend watches this video.....it should make her feel better.
    Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by sstoner911 View Post
    Ha that cracked me up. I'll be sure to show her that lol. And for anybody that was wondering about the smoke, the stem off the heater coil wasnt good anymore. It was leaking coolant and getting on the headers which was evaporating it making it smoke. My dad figured this out when the stem actually broke off... So instead of taking out the whole dash and what not, we just got a bigger hose and put over the bigger part of the stem that was left, if that makes sense? Lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast