GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Pin stripes - Trying to take then off

I've tried to take them off but when I try to lift them up I peel them off they just kinda break I don't know if this is because it's cold or what please help

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy #1 View Post
    I've tried to take them off but when I try to lift them up I peel them off they just kinda break I don't know if this is because it's cold or what please help
    The Safest way to remove the Taped Pin-Stripes, is with a 3M Easer Wheel, the Video below shows the Wheel removing the left over Adhesive from the door trim molding,

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy #1 View Post
    Where can u find them?
    Most All Auto Parts Outlets, Auto Zone, O'Reilly's etc and also some Hardware Stores, Amazon and E-Bay.

My pinstripes were supposed to be gold, but had turned white, kind of like lead, hardened and were full of gaps.

I used a single edged razor blade paint scraper, crude but effective and effortless. Being careful only left a little bit of very fine scratch haze in the clearcoat. Cleaned it up with Scratch Doctor, of all things. The truck is black, and you'd never know there ever were pinstripes (or scratches) on there now.