GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Just buy a billet bowtie and drop it off before you leave to get powdercoated then when you get back pick it up and install it.
    Year/Make/Model: 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
    Powertrain: 4.8L V8, Automatic, 2wd
    Tires/Rims: Stock rims and tires for now
    Top 5 Mods: Straight piped exhaust, Billet Grille, Color-matched bowtie/shaved moldings, 12K HID's, Two 12" Kickers with a 1,000 watt amp
    Next Planned mods: Truxxx Leveling Kit, Nitto Trail Grapplers, 15% Window Tint

I looked every where for the white ones man and yah you would just have to get one painted or coated that color, on mine right now i have vinyl white stickers i got off of amazon on front and back and they are temporary but havnt had any issues with them for the last 1.5months, and they look pretty good. I have some pictures in my albums.
    Adam
    11 Silverado Summit White Ext. Cab 5.3L Z71 9k miles
    RC leveling kit
    Jason fiberglass tonneau cover
    Penda-liner
    Superchips 91 octane tune
    Front air dam removed
    6,000k lowbeams 6,000k fogs
    color match bowties
    color match mudflaps
    20% tint all the way around
    20% tinted 6in sunshade
    Nitto terra grappler 275/70r17 (winter setup)
    Chevy 22s with Bridgestone Alenza 285/45r22 (summer setup)
    Kenwood DNX6180 indash

Blog Entries

You can remove, paint the emblem with two coats, and reinstall in good weather in less than 3 hours. Pretty sure your truck without an emblem for 3 hours isn't going to get you laughed at, and even so who cares what other people thing?
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmeh View Post
    You can remove, paint the emblem with two coats, and reinstall in good weather in less than 3 hours. Pretty sure your truck without an emblem for 3 hours isn't going to get you laughed at, and even so who cares what other people thing?
    X2 on what he said thats all it to me to do and that was making sure i taped ofver the black and chrome outlines os the emblem.

Fabtech/Banks Ram Air |Fuel Off Road/ 315/70/17 duratracs |Hyper tech / Spencershids |
    Color Matched Bowtie |15% Tint on Front Windows|20% Tint on Back Windows

Chevy Ridin' High
    "Black rims are as cool as a boner at a swim meet"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmeh View Post
    What Jimmeh said. I have basically no experience with painting and I was able to do both my front and back bowties in about 3 - 4 hours. They look good. And it was cheap and easy.

Give it a try, if you mess them up you can always buy some and have them powdercoated or painted at a shop.

2012 Silverado 1500 LS Crew Cab 4.8L 4x4
    - Nitto Tera Grapler 265/70R17, Line-X bed liner, Black Bowties, Stampede front deflector, DeeZee black diamond plate bed rails, TonnoPro Lo-roll cover, Antenna deleted, Spyder Projection Headlights with Phillips CrystalVision Ultra bulbs, Spyder Tail Lights & 3rd Brake Light, Rough Country leveling kit, PlastiDip'd emblems, and wheel hubs, Diablosport Trinity, 20% tint, Black OEM grill

"Coming through in a new Chevy, droppin' game like it's too heavy."

Hmm.. my buddy is pretty good at this kinda stuff and i haven't seen him in a while, maybe i can get him to help me out. Pop em off at this shop, scuff em with a fine paper, get an OE match duplicolor and some clear coat and have at it? That would give me a chance to put my new banner on as well i suppose and some much needed down time. Thanks for the input guys. Didn't really wanna go that route, but see as how there's probably no other option besides a vinyl, I guess on my next days off I'll just give it a whirl haha. I'll post an update on how it turns out!

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sevi084x4 View Post
    I looked every where for the white ones man and yah you would just have to get one painted or coated that color, on mine right now i have vinyl white stickers i got off of amazon on front and back and they are temporary but havnt had any issues with them for the last 1.5months, and they look pretty good. I have some pictures in my albums.
    Thanks bro.. I'm still debating on that bed cover FYI haha.. i definitely need one, but dont want to lose my RST wing option. Someone on here just put a BAKflip on theirs. Wouldn't mind that... but want a white one haha. And PS.. i want ur grille LOL

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

Quote Originally Posted by 07XCSB View Post
    They lasted about 6 months on my truck, then the paint started flaking.
    Did you clear coat them after they were painted?

Get white plasti-dip. really not going to take a whole lot of time to paint.
    2012 Chevy Captiva Sport LT V6 (The Spanish Prison)

MODS:

Cobra 19 Ultra II CB and some generic CB antenna.
    55W 10000K HID High Beams (just to remind the wonderful citizens of Hampton that their High Beams are on)

Upcoming mods:

[_] Exhaust [_]Subwoofers [_]More HID's [_]LED's [_]MORE LIGHTS!!! [_]Carr Light Bar w/ 3 or 4 in round off-road lights. [_]Black out Badges [_]Black out exhaust tips [_]Black out imitation skid plates on front and rear [_]Hopefully find a way to keep fogs, low beams, and high beams on at the same time

Jason

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12