GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 Last Post byLast Post by

Your post reminded me of a bumper sticker I saw one time that actually made me laugh out loud while I was driving. I'm not sure I should post it though as some might not appreciate it as much.

That being said, I'm still leaning toward the nerfs mostly because I don't want to hide them. I have a friend back home who has the automatic ones and they are kind of cool to see come out when you open the door, but just not what I'm going for on my truck.

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

I lifted my truck to keep the fat chicks out? Cuz that's on the bumper

Bit I understand what your saying, the right nerd bars give your truck the right look but my think is I want as much ground clearance as possible in my silverado, it won't be anywhere close to the cummins in size
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

That'd be the one. Though the one I saw said "because fat chicks can't jump". Either way. And I've thought about getting it, but my wife already has this idea I wouldn't love her anymore if she got fat. That probably wouldn't help the complex.

And the clearance vs look is what I wrangle with. Basically, my end goal with my truck is to prove function and form and co-exist well. It does mean I have to sacrifice one somewhere and the other somewhere else though.

Quote Originally Posted by ahmitchell1 View Post
    ...the right nerd bars give your truck the right look but my think is I want as much ground clearance as possible in my silverado
    ROFL! 'Nerd bars', that's priceless!

I know this thread is a few months old but if your looking for a quality lift, I would look into Tcs custom suspension. Ive been talking with them for a little over a month now and They offer a stage 2 7"-9" lift with rear blocks and all bolts for right around 2000, it comes with kicker bars, bilistein front replacment struts and rear shocks. You can upgrade to kings for an extra 2000 and even get rear traction bars for another 500. I would personally look into these guys, They are outta Cali. They offer great prices on rims and tires as well..

Here is there website: http://www.titscustomsuspension.com/ (not much on there for products but they do have contact info)

and if you have facebook here is there link: http://www.facebook.com/TCSuspension

2010 Silverado Z71

Kyle-USAF-MI/VA

"Fueled by Haters"

TCS front box 7"-9" set at 8.5" | FTS coilovers(blue coil) with resis and FTS shocks with resis| 20" Fuel Off-Road Revolver Rims | 35x12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers | Halo Projector Head Lights by Recon- Black | Led Taillights by Recon- Smoked | Dumped Straight pipe | Volant CAI | Ranch Hand Front Bumper | DiabloSport Trinity Programmer | Tow Mirrors with Turn Signal | Cervinis Ram-Air hood | 4.56 USA gears with tru trac locker | Longshot Lighting 6000k 55w low beam and 6000k 35w fogs HIDs | 7" lift leaf spring | Blue TCS traction bars

Future Mods: Long tube headers
    | Custom tune | Cam | Stall Converter

I was trying to look at them a while back as I've heard a lot of good things, but on this government network, it was blocked. You can probably figure out why that might be. That being said, I finally broke down and bought myself a laptop, so I can check it out from my room.

Never mind. Just tried the link and it's not blocked anymore. Now if they'd just unblock fantasy football and gmail chat I'd be set.

Quote Originally Posted by sfdefender24 View Post
    I know this thread is a few months old but if your looking for a quality lift, I would look into Tcs custom suspension. Ive been talking with them for a little over a month now and They offer a stage 2 7"-9" lift with rear blocks and all bolts for right around 2000, it comes with kicker bars, bilistein front replacment struts and rear shocks. You can upgrade to kings for an extra 2000 and even get rear traction bars for another 500. I would personally look into these guys, They are outta Cali. They offer great prices on rims and tires as well..

Here is there website: http://www.titscustomsuspension.com/ (not much on there for products but they do have contact info)

and if you have facebook here is there link: http://www.facebook.com/TCSuspension
    They have some nice looking trucks in their gallery but their list of products is severly lacking.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

Quote Originally Posted by aloxdaddy99 View Post
    They have some nice looking trucks in their gallery but their list of products is severly lacking.
    They post alot of lifts on facebook. I know alot of guys there run TCS and FTS and love them. they say the lift are better then fabtech and others. They are a dealer for alot of company such as fox, king, cognito and many more. call them for more info. I am by now means a rep for them, just putting out a good word for the guys that are helping me

They look really nice. I'll have to research the lifts themselves and see what they can do when I'm ready to buy.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 Last Post byLast Post by