GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Speakers quit working

All of them except for the 2 tweeters on the pillars.... worked fine when I parked last night. This morning, nothing. Any ideas?
    Is there a fuse?
    HELP please!
    2007 Chevy Silverado LT1 Crew Cab
    4x4, 5.3 Vortec Flex Fuel with Active Fuel Management

There is fuses, check your fuse box that's between the dash and the door, pop off the cover and look at the diagram for speakers. there should also be a fuse on the back of the stereo itself. Try unplugging your battery and leaving it over night. I can't remember but there may a safety switch in it to prevent theft. Cannot remember.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    EFI Live Comp Cam and Valvetrain Snow Performance Methanol Injection
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat
    Electric Fan Autometer Pressure, Boost, and Pyro Gauges
    4.56 Gears Airlift Air Bag Suspension

This same thing has happened to me. Its almost like every 2nd or 3rd day the speakers will all work but the next day its just the tweeters again. I dont know what the heck is going on! Any help is appreciated!
    Jerold - Texas
    2007 Silverado EXT Z-71
    1998 Cadillac Seville STS

My research has led me to believe that what actually happened is the passenger speakers have actually been out for a while - and perhaps the rear. I had noticed for a while that at certain times I my volume appeared to go up and down. I attributed it to radios that I have seen that get louder and softer with acceleration. What I now believe actually happened that day is that my front driver side speaker finally went out and I just finally noticed that they were out. I don't usually listen to the radio very loud, so I guess I just didn't notice. It now comes and goes. I ordered 4 new speakers and hope to install them this weekend.

My speakers did the same, they didn't just go out, they were "intermittent"...sometimes working, sometimes not. Eventually they blew. All four of my door speakers went out, one at a time. The two pillar tweeters are still going.
    -Sal

2008 Silverado 1500 LT 5.3L Crew Cab
    Desert Brown Metallic

Century top, Yakima roof rack, 2.5" front lift, Readylift 3" rear blocks, Line-x bedliner, step bars, AVS vent visors, Weathertech floor liners, door sill guards, power tailgate lock, tailgate damper, KC light bar w/ PIAA 525s, rear mini-light bar, rear LED reverse/utility lights, dual batteries (Cole Hersee isolator), DIC upgrade, 20" GM wheels, Cooper Discoverer A/T3s, 26 gal. onboard air (twin Viair 480Cs), Nathan Airchime K3HA / Old cast 2nd Gen. P3 Horns, Graham White valve, bell

Past Chevys: 1985 S-10 ext.cab, 1963 BelAir sedan

Replaced all four speakers and have been trouble free for a few weeks now. And the sound is much improved.

Nice.. what kinda speakers did you go with anyways???

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

went with the Kenwood 6.5's. They were on clearance at Crutchfield so everything, including panel removal tool kit, was $70. Can't beat it!

Quote Originally Posted by duckduckdog View Post
    went with the Kenwood 6.5's. They were on clearance at Crutchfield so everything, including panel removal tool kit, was $70. Can't beat it!

Sweet deal there! I actually had my door speakers replaced last year in Truck Norris, but they warrantied it... despite my having 15k miles more than i should have. ...it's good to know people haha.

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending