GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Nerf bars

Default Nerf bars

I am wanting to get nerf bars for my pick up and i am not sure what i wnat to get. If anyones got pictures of these on theres with the brands of what they are please let me know so if i like them i could look into them. They have to mount to the frame or body mounts becasue i do not like it when they attach them to the rockers. Thanks
    Tony-1999 Chevy 1500 z71 4x4

Mine are black powdercoated from Ebay. I'm not sure what brand (if they even have one). They mount to the body mounts with new hardware. Took about 30 mins to install. I am upgrading when I do my lift and getting wheel to wheel bars so I can get to the bed easier.

Sometimes the best part of my job is that my chair swivels.

I have no pictures because I don't have them yet, but I'm planning to get the RBP RX-3 Series Nerfs. They're wheel to wheel and I just love the way they look. You can do a google search for them and find a few pictures. Hunt around on autoanything.com and autopartswarehouse.com and you'll find quite a selection, most with pictures.

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

I have found that the oval steps are nicer because they are a little bit lower and not stuck right up under the rocker panels. The round tube ones are nice though. if you have an ext cab i would suggest looking for the steps with the middle support bracket. makes a big difference if you are a bigger person. and go with the ones that bolt up to the cab mounts. easy to intall and look nicer to me. just my .02 cents

bought mine off of Autoanything.com, but I honestly don't remember the brand. They have a pretty good selection though!

2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE Extended Cab Z71 4X4 5.3L Flex Fuel
    MagnaFlow single in duel out system
    Volant CAI & Ram Air Scoop with Power Core Filter
    Rhino Tuff Grip Spray in Bed liner
    Undercover Classic Tonneau
    Trail FX Bug "deflector"
    AVS Window Deflectors
    Black Powder Coated Nerf Bars
    RECON L.E.D. Interior, 3rd Cab light, Projector headlights, and Taillights
    ATX Crawl Wheels wrapped in BFGoodrich Rugged Terrain tires
    CalTrend Neoprene seat covers
    2" leveling kit from Max Trac
    Diablo Trinity with Diablew Tune

Those look the same as mine. Just generic 3" tubes that bolt to the body mounts. I don't need a name brand and they work great.

I had the smittybilt chrome nerf bars on my 95. They were still rust free when I took them off last year. They mounted to the body mount bolts.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

I have some for-sale as we speak for a single cab lmk if your interested have all hardware and mounts they are "bully" step bars

2003 single cab stepside Chev 1500, 6" rough coutnry lift, 4' firestick cb whips, cobra ltd cb radio.
    Next mods: flowmaster 10series muffler and exhaust (in process)
    1.5" zone body lift
    315/70r16 cooper stt once the 305s wear out

Sold-1996 Audi A4 lowered on H&R ultra low coils running 19" mercedes wheels, limo tint, borla exhaust
    New ride 96 VW jetta lowered 2.0l 5 spd

Sr. Apprentice

I got my extended cab 3" stainless nerf bars from a seller on EBay. He sells "Truck Champ" brand and they bolt right to the body mounts. Have to drill one hole in the frame for a support bracket. Install literally took 20 minutes, by myself. A few minutes would have been shaved off if I had help holding the nerf bar while putting the bolts in -- but that's the extent of the difficulty involved. I paid $120 shipped for my set. They've been holding up for two years. I would recommend them.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=....c0.m270.l1313
    My lug nuts require more torque than your Honda makes.

Thanks fot the offer but mine is an extended cab and i do not believe that they would fit. Thanks for the offer though.