GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: LED strip

Unhappy LED strip

Hey guys,

Anybody have any suggestions on what I should get? I sell all sorts of aftermarket lighting and finally I want to mount a 26.5" LED Light Bar to the front of my truck but I don't want a big bull bar . I want something low profile. Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

Good morning Kayce....
    I guess first off You should stop by the New members thread and give yourself a quick introduction, and maybe post a pic of your ride, so we might be able to share some ideas with you....

Master Mechanic

I agree w/ @Dirty Dog having some pics of the ride will definitely help. And if you are a new member definitely check out the memo intro section. This way other members can get to know you and you ride which will help when it comes to making recommendations.

need pics of the ride like amac and dirty said otherwise its pointless to ask what to put on the truck

Fabtech/Banks Ram Air |Fuel Off Road/ 315/70/17 duratracs |Hyper tech / Spencershids |
    Color Matched Bowtie |15% Tint on Front Windows|20% Tint on Back Windows

Chevy Ridin' High
    "Black rims are as cool as a boner at a swim meet"

Has anyone done this because i don't want to swap the bulbs in my fog lights i'd rather add an LED strip in the front.

What, exactly do you want to do with a LED strip in the front? Where do you intend to mount it? Will you tie it to your DRL's? Your fogs? Your lows? Can you describe a little better what your intent is?

I would either tie it in with my fogs or run another switch and tie it into my subs power line with an in-line fuse. But yeah i saw one on a Duramax the other day had it mounted in between his fog lights and was I'd say around 18"s it looked pretty bright and was extremely bright I think it would look good with my headlights but was wondering if anyone else had done this and how they like it.
    [SIGPIC]
    2007 1500 Silverado LT1 4.8L
    Chrome Accents & Remote Start 2.5" RC Front Leveling Kit
    Spyder Projection BLK Halo LED Headlights w/Hid Kit Sonar BLK LED Taillights
    Line-X Bed Coating & Underside Coating Line-X Tonneau Cover
    Two 10" Fusion Subs Custom Under Rear-seat BLK boxes 800 Watt Fusion Amp
    Rampage Taillight Bar w/ Reverse Amber LED H16Fog Lights

I've not done it, as I have a semi-hidden winch carrier up front betwee my fogs.

I saw a NNBS Chevy with pure clear LEDs around the fog light holes or squares and it looked good. He also had some red ones in the mirror housing under the mirrors that went on with the blinkers and brake lights. Looked pretty good. If I'm really bored and I have clear LEDs lying around I'll put em to use up front somehow.

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs