GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Upgrades To My Truck

Hey guys...i just wanted to share what ive all done to my truck in the last couple weeks...got a chrome bull bar...towing mirrors...and some new shiny wheels...here are some pics...enjoy!(trucks alittle dirty)...let me kno what you guys think!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Random pics 325.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	37439Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Random pics 326.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	37440Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Random pics 327.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	37441Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Random pics 328.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	37442Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Random pics 329.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	37443Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Random pics 330.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	37444Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Random pics 331.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	37445

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT Z71 Crew Cab "All-Star Edition"

Line-X'd Bed
    Line-X'd Custom Brush Guard(Heavy Duty)
    5.3L Flex Fuel
    275/65R18 Toyo Open Country AT2's
    2" Rough Country Leveling Kit(want to get the 2.5 RC kit)
    EGR In-Channel Vent Visors
    Exterior PLUS Package
    Interior PLUS Package
    K&N Drop-In Air Filter
    ProFlaps
    Cat-Back Dual Exhaust
    Black Bowties
    DeeZee Toolbox(going to get Line-X'd)
    Diablo Sport Predator(AFM Disabled)
    ProFlaps
    Towing Mirrors
    Next Planned Mods
    Blacked out Tail Lights
    Aftermarket Rims

The additions look nice. And you posted plenty of pics. That's awesome. I've toyed with the idea of tow mirrors myself, but I'm not sure yet. Did you install them yourself?

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

Mirrors are easy to change, and i will be getting them on my truck when i can find a good reliable set to purchase, i want the OEM for strength and i know they will be made right, but i can't justify the price. I will be getting them painted to match so they will end up being a $800 set of mirrors.

To replace the mirrors just pop off the cover on right on the door, take out the insulation foam, unplug the mirror, and then take the 3 nuts off the studs of the mirror, and then put the new mirror on, and reverse the directions. IF the cable connection isn't behind the foam, then you may need to take your door interior panel off and peel back the plastic moisture guard, it will be in there somewhere.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    EFI Live Comp Cam and Valvetrain Snow Performance Methanol Injection
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat
    Electric Fan Autometer Pressure, Boost, and Pyro Gauges
    4.56 Gears Airlift Air Bag Suspension

The upgrades really changed the look of the truck. You still thinking of possibly putting wheel spacers?
    2000 Chevy Silverado 4WD Classic
    2'' lift Torsion Keys and air shocks
    33/12.50 Hankook Dynapro M/T
    3 1/2'' down pipe back 6" Tip
    Dodge Towing Mirrors
    Smoked Tails, Cab Lights, and Side Marker Lights
    1% Rear and Side Window, 20% Front Tint
    American Racing Wheels/ With a custom black paint
    Cold Air Intake
    Edge Performance Chip
    Custom Audio System
    LED Tails
    Black background headlights and parking lights

Master Mechanic

Definitely looking sweet. I'll let you slide on the truck being dirty because the wheels are nice and shiny, and the truck only looks dirty in one of the pics.

I like the debadged look on your truck too!

I noticed you have a front plate and the bull bar. Can you take a shot from the front so I can get a better look? This was an idea I was toying with but decided not to because of my front plate. Which manuf. did you go with for this accessory?

Quote Originally Posted by AMac View Post
    I'll let you slide on the truck being dirty because the wheels are nice and shiny, and the truck only looks dirty in one of the pics.
    So wait ... someone who likes getting muddy on ATV's just complained a truck was dirty in one pic ... and let him slide on the others? It's his truck! If you don't like it, offer to wash it for him!!!

Maybe I'll take pics of my truck when dirty from now, onward, just to see your reaction. LOL

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    So wait ... someone who likes getting muddy on ATV's just complained a truck was dirty in one pic ... and let him slide on the others? It's his truck! If you don't like it, offer to wash it for him!!!

Maybe I'll take pics of my truck when dirty from now, onward, just to see your reaction. LOL
    I only said it because ChevyBoy2003 said in his original post "(trucks alittle dirty)". It was hardly dirty. Maybe he's crazy like me when it comes to dirt on the truck

Getting your truck dirty is too much work...to much area...lol

Overall I think mud looks good on any truck with all-terrain or knobby tires. If I ever put some on the lawn ornament she may see mud on occasion.

ive toyed with tow mirrors/bull bar/brush guard. just not sure on the timing.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

i dont mind my truck being dirty but i figured if i was taking pics of it,you guys might wanna see it clean!...not sure on the brand of the bull bar,i picked it up on craigslist for 100 bucks,but i gotta admit its very sturdy and looks well built.Ill get a good pic of the front when it stops raining.These towing mirrors i got from 1AAUTO are very well built,the mirror doesnt bounce or anything and i paid 230.00 shipped(FOR THE PAIR) to my house for them.Also they are very easy to change,i had to remove the door panel to get to the connection in my truck...but my bros 02 chevy you just had to remove the cover,pull the foam and theres the connection.

MTM-im not sure what im going to do...what do you think?...the back wheels look like they stick out farther than the front but thats just me

hey guys im back with another upgrade...i got a AFE CAI for the truck now...i got it off craigslist for 100 bucks...only been used for about a year,and the guy cleaned it before i got it.I love the noise it makes under the hood now.Believe it or not it actually made the exhaust alittle bit louder when you get on it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	549272_10150773823554311_500694310_9376753_1491694836_n.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	38966