GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Doing good to put gas in my truck , looking for a better paying job so I can buy stuff a little at a time. Washed my truck twice Easter weekend, First time Saturday morning at the carwash and pictures with GMTC sticker and Sunday afternoon at my sisters after the birds dive bombed it
    2012 4.8 LS

God is great, beer is good and people (WOMEN) are Crazy

[QUOTE=moogvo;456922]The best way to get rid of rail dust is to clay bar it. Those work WONDERS! With the wax, you just waxed over it but it is still there!

Thanks, I will buy one this weekend. The next nice day after i wax my wifes car i will use the wax bar. My arm was killing me by the end of that . Since she saw me wax my truck. I must do hers.
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

Mmmm... I just hand my wife the soap and wax...

Before you clay bar, use a soap to remove the wax or it won't do anything. They are really easy to use. In fact, it seems too easy, but they DO work!
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

@moogvo, That is awesome advice and thank you. I heard the original Dawn dish soap works the best to remove the wax. What do you think about that? I do have Mothers car soap, but someone told be surprisingly Dawn work the best and easily removes it.
    The wife thing, see as long as I’m outside drinking, I’m happy because then I don’t have to hear can you help me.

Dawn is awesome at removing grease and wax. When you rinse, look to see if you have any areas that still bead water. Re wash those areas until you don't see any beading and you are good to go!

Quote Originally Posted by moogvo View Post
    Dawn is awesome at removing grease and wax. When you rinse, look to see if you have any areas that still bead water. Re wash those areas until you don't see any beading and you are good to go!
    A guy I used to work with said he had to wax his truck all the time, asked him what he washed his truck with , Dawn

I generally don't use any soap when washing the truck or use very little unless I plan to wax it again.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123