GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default new lift ~ Rancho 4"

Well after a year and 3 sets of ball joints from the rough country lift I decided to pull the trigger on the rancho 4" lift on my truck, not only does it look better, but it rides better, drives better and feels more solid. Yea install was very involved and took a whole day at work to do, but we and worth it. Oh and my tires don't rub any more either. I will put up before and after pics when I get home.

Did you have your torsion bars cranked up? I've had my RCX lift for 3 years and haven't had any problems with anything wearing out.

Master Mechanic

Anxious to see what the 4" lift looks like. In NH there is height restriction on passenger vehicles but I was hoping to get away with at least 4". If I ever went with a lift it was recommended that I get Rancho so good to hear that the ride quality is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by AMac View Post
    Anxious to see what the 4" lift looks like. In NH there is height restriction on passenger vehicles but I was hoping to get away with at least 4". If I ever went with a lift it was recommended that I get Rancho so good to hear that the ride quality is nice.
    What's the maximum limit of the restriction? With a 6" lift rolling on 34.3" tires I can actually get my vehicle under a 7' entry way ... barely. It creeps me out every time I do it, too!

Here are the pics I said I was gonna put up, first ones are the take off rough country parts, then the truck with the new lift

As u can see the ball joint literally fell apart. And here's the truck with the lift on it

And I did get the upgraded skid plates too

And here is a picture of the truck with the old lift on it

looks nice man. glad to see everything worked out for ya.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Hey I'm looking at getting the same lift, do you mind letting me know what the total cost was?(before installation)

Legend

Blog Entries

bluavalance - nice choice with Rancho...really like the skids too!

TBC -- Amazon is currently selling a kit for your truck for about $1,500 (not sure what the cost of shipping is to CN though). You may be able to find cheaper though as the price was only $1,200 a few weeks ago. Also, Rancho is currently running a rebate of up to $500 (depending if you purchase shocks or not).

http://www.amazon.com/Rancho-RS6583B...4858188&sr=1-1
    Last edited by mfleetwood; 04-19-2012 at 12:58 PM. Reason: added info

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Glad to hear you got the lift and especially that you now have the ride you want. And thank you for the pictures. That's one more happy customer for the Rancho 4".

Out of curiosity, do you know how much lift you actually got from it? I've heard from a couple of threads the 4" Rancho often actually nets more than that.

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

Legend

Blog Entries

I got slightly over 5".

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by