GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 2008 Suburban 4x4 LTZ factory hitch

I have a 2008 suburban LTZ 4X4 with built in factory hitch it can pull 7900 lbs (Everybody seems to agree with this ) but my questions are.....

1) what is the tongue weight that the hitch can carry ?
    2) is there any kind of upgrade available if need be? no sense in getting a lightweight trailer if the tongue weight it to heavy.
    3) where do i find if i have the K5L option or not.

Thanks

Welcome to the GMTC Nitehawk, good to have you aboard. I don't know about the questions you have but I'm sure someone tomorrow will. Good luck

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

Hey, welcome to the site. You might be able to browse through the Towing section off the main forum page and find your answers. If not, I'm sure someone with a little more knowledge on the factory hitch will be along to help you out.

Sounds like you have a nice truck there. I'd love to see some pics when you get a chance.

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

Default thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy09LTZCrew View Post
    Hey, welcome to the site. You might be able to browse through the Towing section off the main forum page and find your answers. If not, I'm sure someone with a little more knowledge on the factory hitch will be along to help you out.

Sounds like you have a nice truck there. I'd love to see some pics when you get a chance.
    Pictures will follow for sure, just as soon as i find a few, of course i have taken a few. and thanks all of you for the great welcoming .

We are the Borg. Lower your truck and surrender your keys. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile. Erm, I mean ... I can't answer your questions but wanted to welcome to GM Truck Club!

Hello and welcome from San Diego!

Click the ^banner^ and save up to 15% on Chevy mods.
    We price match, simply call 888-591-8563 or
    Click-to-Chat and
    we'll beat ANY price by $1.

*View our 2011 Silverado Build Page here

Welcome to the G M T C !

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas

Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the club and enjoy the site.......

Legend

Blog Entries

Welcome to the Club!!!

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals