GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Master Mechanic

Default New Sylvania SilverStar® zXe & rebate for SilverStar / SilverStar Ultra

I was researching some aftermarket low-beam bulbs and toyed with the idea of buying some PIAA Extreme White Bulbs but then came across a new bulb made by Sylvania. It still falls within their SilverStar series but is supposed to be the whitest halogen they offer. Go figure the size I need is being released in April so it's not currently available. I'd also like to know what price range they'll be in.

I wanted to see if anyone has these bulbs and what their feedback is.

When I was on Sylvania's website I came across a rebate for the SilverStar & SilverStar Ultras so if you're interested check it out.
    http://assets.sylvania.com/assets/Do...4076b25299.pdf

I was able to come across a picture someone took that shows the difference between the zXe and the Ultras. I'm anxious to get my hands on these to try them out for myself. Next trick will be to find a fog light bulb that matches to the zXe.

zXe
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SilverStarzXe.jpg 
Views:	2488 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	37585

Ultra
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	silverstarUltra.jpg 
Views:	1252 
Size:	2.0 KB 
ID:	37586

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I have them in mine... I had a pair before they were out.. You can see the post here... http://www.chevyavalancheclub.com/in...c,13174.0.html
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    I have them in mine... I had a pair before they were out.. You can see the post here... http://www.chevyavalancheclub.com/in...c,13174.0.html
    but do you have a picture of the beam; a picture similar to what I posted? Also, seeing as you get the inside scoop, Sylvania has April as the release date. Do you have a more approximate date?

Legend

What bulb are you looking for? I linked this post to my friend Brian at Sylvania so I have to wait to hear back from him. A day or 2
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Of the two and based only on those photos I like the Ultras -- that's very white (but still a bit yellow). The zXe's are too blue for my liking. (You can see this most around the edge of the light ring on the garage door in the photo.) But hey if you like blue and it's legal, go for it.

Legend

This is from a Email I got from him after a post on the Avalanche site..

Just got this from Brian...from the light Co.. I sent him the link

Thanks. this was a good thread. If you want to respond saying we will have 5 new versions coming out this spring, H1, H3, 9005XS, 9006XS and H13 zXe, feel free. What are your fogs? I would think the 800 series fog will follow next year but that hasn?t been decided.

The life has tested out to be the same as SilverStar Ultra. As for true specs, they are whiter but actually aren?t brighter than ultra in the sense of true down road. The whiter light does give a perceived brightness greater than Ultra in the immediate distance and great side road (peripheral) vision. Also, your vehicle just looks cooler to oncoming traffic.

If you want to do some sort of a giveaway contest for a few people on the board, I could probably figure something out.

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    What bulb are you looking for? I linked this post to my friend Brian at Sylvania so I have to wait to hear back from him. A day or 2

zXe bulb size H1

I'm mainly looking to get the whiter look without losing a whole lot of brightness. A lot of the bulbs I've had seem to be whiter but less bright. As long as they are as bright as the Ultras that would be good. Really hard to say though without seeing them in person. Pictures can be deceiving because people can touch up the contrast, brightness, and hue.

Thank you for your help!!!!
    Last edited by AMac; 04-11-2012 at 10:05 PM.

@Enkeiavalanche, is the light from those on your truck as blue as in the pic, below? Can you take some photos to help rule out image quality?

Legend

Ok Ok just about to go to bed but here ya go...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lights.jpg 
Views:	2966 
Size:	29.5 KB 
ID:	37591Just took it at 11:15pm

Thanks, glad you took that. That's not too blue, at all. Looks good!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast