GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Thread: E3 Spark Plugs

Default E3 Spark Plugs

Well its about time for new spark plugs in the chev, are the E3 spark plugs all what there cracked up to be? worth it? anyone have expierence with them?, they claim to be awesome. Thanks!
    2003 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71 Off-Road- Hypertech Programmer, Flowmaster Dual Exhaust, White Gauges, Billet Grill, Boyo 7" touch screen deck,2 10' JL Subs,Kenwood 1000w amp ,Rough Country leveling kit, 17" Rogue wheels, 265/70r/17 Fierce Attitude tires.
    2007 KTM XCF 250- Akropovic Exhaust, Twin Air filter, Brembo Brakes, Renthal Fat Bars.
    1998 Ski-Doo Summit 670x- MBRP Can, 686cc Bore Kit, Wiseco Pistons, 3" riser.
    BRAAAAAAAP!!

It's all marketing hype. Your truck was made with AC Delco, you should go back with AC Delco... Not Bosch, not E3... Delco plugs were made for your truck.
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

AC's have always worked best for me too. I tried Bosch plugs years ago and pulled them out hours later and tossed them! Wasn't even worth my time to return them.

If they have the Rapid Fire plugs available for your year, get those!
    *they were a modified design plug w/ a tapers electrode and ground strap. Made my old Pontiac run smoother, more responsive too. Depending on what plugs came in your truck, and whether they still make them -- if they do, but them!*
    Last edited by Asphalt Animal; 04-12-2012 at 08:41 AM.
    Have You Smoked A Hemi Lately? Why, Yes I Have!
    2008 Sierra RC/SB, Iron Block 5.3L(LMG)
    , 3.42, Locking Diff, HD Cooling, HD Suspension, Towing Package.
    Raptor Stainless Steel Step Bars, Folding Tonneau Cover, DiabloSport Predator

Thanks for the info guys! I thought it was a little too much to be all true .im glad i know what to get now. Cheers!

Glad to help save you a few bucks and probably some frustration!

I ran a set of E3's in my 07 4.3L and they performed as advertised. However, after 20,000+ miles they started to cause the engine to misfire. I went back to OEM plugs and haven't had a problem. I can't recommend the E3's.

Here is my theory. Just a theory..

E3, Split Fire, Quadra Fire, ect...

They are all the same. Look at electricity. It takes the path of least resistance. Hence... They may work great in the beginning, but after they start to wear, they will take the most worn easiest path. Fire to 1 spot. Not multiple. Causing a weak fire, or missfire.

IMO
    Please Tell Your Boobs To Quit Staring At My Eyes

no good.. stick with stock or NGK's... these things are garbage... have seen sooooo many people have problems after installing these plugs - and once they switched back, problems solved...
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Blog Entries

AC Delco platinum is the only spark plug i want in my truck. Her in Belgium we drive on LPG en therfor you need the platinum.
    life sucks, but i love it!!!!

wow it sure is amazing how a product can be so troublesome and garbage after their so called "amazing", thanks a lot for the info!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by