GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thanks guy, Please keep them coming. I will let you know when I find a job. Boy the people on this site are the best, I never thought people that don't even know you would help you out so much. Steve, you have created a family here and you are the Daddy.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

Blog Entries

Yeah, central Texas has pretty much every season...throughout the day. This week has been cold in the mornings, hot in the afternoon, windy and rainy in the evenings. In the morning where you might need a jacket, you might need sun screen and shorts and a wife beater in the afternoon. Central Texas in my opinion is still the best place to live in Texas, mainly because you're never too far away from Dallas and Austin. Not to mention, a house that would cost millions in the West coast or the East cost, costs merely tens of thousands of dollars or hundreds, oh and you get land with all that ;)

"Never ask a man if he's from Texas. If he is, he'll tell you. If he isn't, there is no need to embarrass him."

2012 Silverado 1500 Texas Edition 4x4 LT skid plate, 5000k 55W low beams with DRL fuse removed, 5000k 35W fog lamps.

Leveling kit and tires coming soon.

Leaving for boot camp at MCRDSD 20121008.

I live on thousands of acres in Georgia and it cost use nothing it's been owned by my family since way before the civil war. East coast isn't expensive at all you just have to find the right place, plus with all the forclosures you can get a 7 bedroom house in a nice area with some of the best schools around for under 200k, my mom works for the evil Fannie Mae just go to there house website and you can find a cheap place
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

No wonder property is hard to find in GA, you own it all.

I like it here in TN. If I were to move away from here, it would likely be to move back home to Oklahoma. My friends from HS keep trying to get me to move back to Glasgow, KY (where I graduated HS from) but unless I suddenly find myself unemployed I don't see that happening anytime soon.
    93 Suburban (Southern Slayer): TBI 350, 4L60E
    73 Z28 Camaro: L82, TKO 600

KJ4CLI

"...Death smiles at us all, all a man can do is smile back..."

Come on up to Roanoke, VA! Our economy is doing great according to job listings here. Plenty of CNC jobs. I saw 3 ads in the paper last weekend just for that. Our cost of living is really low and housing is very affordable. I have a 3bd 2 ba on an acre and paid $100k for it. Im 15 min from shopping and star bucks. We are in our early 30's with 3 kids. We dont have too many bugs hitting our windshields and we had MAYBE 3 weeks of freezing weather this past winter. Our avg temp was about 65 all winter. We heat up to around 90 in the summer and are close to beaches and mountains.

Well Sarge, I absolutely love Tennessee and I would move there in a heartbeat if I could find a job. Remember I am a technician not a machine operator. I work on industrial woodworking machinery, I do not build things out of wood. If you could see if there are any large wood products manufactures in that area and let me know I would be able to send them a resume' and perhaps find a job. I have done the internet searches but it is not like being there. Thanks man.

Now Catmechanic, I don't know much about Virginia but the way you describe it I am ready to go. I have an uncle that is a gunsmith in Mechanicsville and they love it there. As I said above to Sarge, if you know of any large wood products manufactures in your area, let me know. That would be a great help. FYI, when I say wood products I am speaking of panel processors, cabinet makers, furniture manufactures and so on. Thank you all for all the help and ideas, I think I am making progress.

I'm at Fort Knox right now till Thursday, but I'll ask around when I get back. I'm definitely more than happy to help though.
    93 Suburban (Southern Slayer): TBI 350, 4L60E
    73 Z28 Camaro: L82, TKO 600

KJ4CLI

"...Death smiles at us all, all a man can do is smile back..."

Quote Originally Posted by donyms View Post
    No wonder property is hard to find in GA, you own it all.

Theres still stuff for sale everywhere we have lots of undevolepable land
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

You guy's have really been a big help and I am looking for a job in the Tennessee, north Georgia, Virginia and north Carolina areas. I have not found anything yet as it is hard to find a job out of state when you don't know any body there, not to mention the economy still sucks for the most part but I am still hopeful and trying every day. If you know of any large woodworking manufactures in your area please let me know, this will give me more options. Thanks for everything guys.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast