GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Ok ready. I have about 3k miles on the Sylvania ZXE's, about 2k of that is night driving. I LOVE THEM! I replaced the Sylvania Xtravision 9006 low beems and the factory Philips 9005 high beems.

Low beem: In mtn driving, I'm picking up road signs atleast 100 yards sooner. They will light up about a 1/3 more of a curve on entry and light up the entire exit and half of the next curve. You can see the line alot better. They offer great side lighting aswell, you can pick up a deer's eye's about 100 yards sooner and his body about 50 yards sooner. That makes a HUGE difference with the extra 50 yards of braking distance. They throw so much forward light vs my old bulbs, that they actually lit up a black bear in the road and gave me plenty of time to slow the truck. If I would have still been running my Xtravisions, I would have hit the bear.

Low beem: Hwy, They offer great long distance vision. They make debris alot easier to see. They again are a great help in lighting up road sign. I notcied small cars do not like them in in their rearview, but they should have bought a truck in the first place. Since they don't like the brightness of they usually pull over and get out of my way, Another bonus point there!

High Beem: Driving in the mtns, You can see for DAYS! With all the curves in the mtns, it's really hard to take advantage of all the light the throw out. They are some of the best lights I've ever had,but the high beems do have one drawback. They are so bright that they cause a bright reflection on road sign in the tight mtn roads. The yellow signs are not that bad, but the white speed limit sign will blind you. So, if you are driving in tight mtn roads, just run your lows and fogs( if you have them) and you will not have a vision problem.

High Beem: Hwy, You have an amazing field of vision on dark hwys. I can pick up animals and debris 50% farther down the road than I could with my stocks lights.

I love these bulbs, I am wanting to put them in everything I own. I hope they make them for the factory fogs for my truck.

I'm even fixing to put them in the 9 trucks at work also.

I hope this review makes sense and helps. I would also like the thank Enkei and Sylvania again for the cool contest and wicked bulbs!
    Last edited by 07XCSB; 05-03-2012 at 02:03 PM.

I hope they compare that well to my Sylvania Crystalvisions.

Master Mechanic

@07XCSB Good news to hear and thank you for the review. I'm anxious to hear the release date of the H1 bulb size, it was supposed to be this spring per Sylvania's website, "Five more part numbers are debuting at AAPEX and will hit store shelves in the spring of 2012 – H1, H3, H13, 9005XS and 9006XS." + "Coming in April: 9005XS, 9006XS, H1, H3, H13/9008"
    http://www.sylvania.com/en-us/produc...rstar-zxe.aspx

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Thanks guys.. Just forwarded this to Them... Hope he likes it. And I will let you know when I hear about the H1's
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Dang, It sounds as if Sylvania is preparing for a load of Chevy trucks to light of football fields nationwide. Giving the Muzak people some real competition in lighting stadiums
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

I will have to try those when my piaa bulbs burn out

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

that might be awhile. can't wait to see other reviews on these lights. it sounds real good so far.

my review should be up in the next little while. Finally got a day off work and and nice day to install the lights

Fabtech/Banks Ram Air |Fuel Off Road/ 315/70/17 duratracs |Hyper tech / Spencershids |
    Color Matched Bowtie |15% Tint on Front Windows|20% Tint on Back Windows

Chevy Ridin' High
    "Black rims are as cool as a boner at a swim meet"

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Thanks Guys...

Enkei the thanks goes to you for your efforts to pump us up. Sadly I am not quick enough but it is good to see others reap the rewards for their quick typing. Waiting for more reviews

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... Last Post byLast Post by