GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Electrical fits

Default Electrical fits

Today I went help my brother move his dish so he can get some sort reception. When I got in I noticed my courtesy lights were on, which is normal but as I was going down the road, I noticed they didn't go off so I opened my door and closed it then tried the switches to make them go off and the switches both click but the lights stay on. The only way I can get them to go off is by pulling the fuse but then the Cargo Lamp On message comes on in the message center. I'd like to get this fixed but I am no electrician and I am clueless as where to start.

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs

Ouch ... and ugh. That sounds like a short somewhere but I wouldn't have the foggiest where to look.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    Ouch ... and ugh. That sounds like a short somewhere but I wouldn't have the foggiest where to look.
    Me either and I am taking a girl to her senior prom saturday (HAHA) so I'd like to get this fixed so I can see what I'm doing

I'm no mechanic maybe need to start looking for a loose wire, check connections to lights and switches. know somebody trustworthy to check it for you?
    2012 4.8 LS

God is great, beer is good and people (WOMEN) are Crazy

Yep, my dad @RealRileyJr haha he's a genius.

Anyone know if there is a real way to fix this other than pull the fuse haha? I have LEDs for courtesy lights but the dome light is a regular light bulb so I think I can just pull the bulb and let the LEDs go without really running down the battery. Its not the relay or the headlight switch as far as I know. Any other help is appreciated. Like to get this fixed before I have to take my "girlfriend" to her prom haha