GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Stepside question

I have been trying to find some diamond plate bed rail caps for my 97 step side. Can't seem to find any. Some friends have said that fleetside and step side are the same. I haven't measured but I am positive that the step sides are wider. Anyone know of anything?
    Will - 1997 Silverado Z71 Stepside
    Headers True Duals
    K&N cold air
    Ported and Polished TBS
    Leveling Kit
    Procomp Mudterrain 33's

The rails are wider?

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs

I had a 93 stepside and the bed rail covers for a fleetside fit just fine.

97 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 5.7L
    78 GMC High Sierra K1500
    Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go thru life.

Shoer bed fleet side rails will fit fine. It is the ones that go across the leading edge of the bed and on the tailgate that will be too long. If you can't find the right ones, you can cut the fleetside ones down to fit.
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Thanks guys! I guess they might be the same. I need to measure, the step sides just always looked wider to me

Sr. Apprentice

The leading edges of the box, and the tailgate lip are narrower on a stepside than on a fleetside. Tailgate and front box trim parts are not interchangable among the Fleet and Step side body styles. Bed rail caps for a Fleetside short box are the same size as the Stepside box, as the boxes are the same length. The lip isn't "wider", you have been mis-informed.

I'll throw this out there... I guarantee they have what you're looking for: http://www.lmctruck.com
    My lug nuts require more torque than your Honda makes.