GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: should I or not

Default should I or not

Ok, I have a 08 Silverado WT 2WD V6. Going to have for 6-10yrs. should I lift it? Should I put the money into it?
    I want to lift it. I still have to level it but think I will just do the lift. I donít know off hand but I already know the tires are larger then what come stock. If I do put money into it should I start shock and springs and then tires? Or lift kit or what. What I want to do and what I should do is so confusing to me.
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

I would just go ahead and do the the lift then do tires and wheels. Just save so you can do it all at once so you don't look stupid running around with a nice lift and little tires
    2000 Chevy Silverado 4WD Classic
    2'' lift Torsion Keys and air shocks
    33/12.50 Hankook Dynapro M/T
    3 1/2'' down pipe back 6" Tip
    Dodge Towing Mirrors
    Smoked Tails, Cab Lights, and Side Marker Lights
    1% Rear and Side Window, 20% Front Tint
    American Racing Wheels/ With a custom black paint
    Cold Air Intake
    Edge Performance Chip
    Custom Audio System
    LED Tails
    Black background headlights and parking lights

I agree with MTM...

Quote Originally Posted by MTM View Post
    I would just go ahead and do the the lift then do tires and wheels. Just save so you can do it all at once so you don't look stupid running around with a nice lift and little tires

X3. Save up so you can do it all at once.

Why are you going to lift a 2 wheel drive truck?
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Why not just because it's 2wd does not mean you can't lift it

I'm not trying to brag but you can't say this doesn't look good.
    4'' rough country lift on 32's

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0205011420 - Copy (2).jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	37768
    Dodge Towing Mirrors
    Cold Air Intake
    Edge Performance Chip
    Custom Audio System
    LED Tails

I see nothing wrong with lifting a 2wd if thats what you want. I'm thinking about lifting my 93 to clear 32's.

I am not saying that it looks bad. I am an off roader from way back, and the trucks I have lifted were done for function more than form. I guess I still feel that lifting a truck is done to make it more capable off road. The 2 wheel drive trucks I have had were more street truck flavored... Like a sport truck. I guess I have always felt like 4x4s were meant to be lifted and 2 wheel drives were more for handling and performance on the street.

Again... Not trying to insult anyone.

My '03 2 Wheel Drive:

Last edited by moogvo; 04-16-2012 at 08:04 PM.
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Oh no I'm not trying to be rude by any means no insult taken. I understand 100% what you mean. I guess it just comes down to you application and whether your after look or performance?
    Dodge Towing Mirrors
    Cold Air Intake
    Edge Performance Chip
    Custom Audio System
    LED Tails

If you're planning to keep it for the long haul, which it sounds like you are, then I say go ahead and put the money in if you have the money to spare and it's what you want. It's your truck. I agree will all other posters, figure out exactly what you want to do and do it all at once. You'll be a lot happier in my opinion. As far as 2wd vs 4wd, I wouldn't worry about that. Even offroad, depending on what you're doing with it, there are a lot of extremely offroad capable 2wd vehicles. This typically applies more to desert type runs. What it really comes down to though is what you want since it's your truck. How much lift are you looking for? And are you doing it just for the look? Or are you planning to utilize the additional clearance, and in what terrain?

Once you have that figured out, find a good lift, get some shocks, decide on tires, and consider gears, depending how much lift and what size tires you're getting. The money can add up fast, but it's worth it. IMO

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast