GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Coming in August....

Hey all,

I know it's been a really long time since I've posted on here. I've been caught up with work and school (finished up an associates and now going after the bachelor's). I finally got off unemployment late last year and things are going good. So good that I decided I'd come back out here and share some news with the board, we're now expecting our first child in August (I found out at Christmas) and .....

IT'S A BOY!
    I have a GMC Sierra Crew Cab, any recommendations for car seats? Which will fit best?

Well thats a great Christmas present! I got the same one! I didnt need any other present, that is for sure!Whats the due Date? Got Sierra Crew Cab too! As for car seats we went to toys'r'us and they have a pretty good selection. Also they have baby sales where all things baby are cheaper. I believe that the next one is in june or july(here in Canada). Sorry cant remember brand but its nice as it simply clicks in and out of mount and one can buy other mounts seperately for other vehicles...saves on car seats for each vehicle. Hope that helps!
    Hello everybody! Isn't it a wonderful day?:party:

Hey, Congratulations. That's great news. And that's good luck having the crew cab. When my first son was born I had my 96 Silverado Ext cab. It worked, but it wasn't ideal. As far as the brands, search around the web like you would for anything else. There are reviews for them all over. It really depends what you want to spend. Definitely get one with a detachable base though as Keeper mentioned. That's a lifesaver. When I had my first son, we got a stroller car seat combo from Eddie Bauer. The seat itself snapped into the car seat base as well as the stroller. So if we were going out, we didn't have to transfer him from one seat to another. That was rather convenient.

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

Thanks! Sorry it took a few days to respond. I had just gotten rid of my 2003 Ext. Cab and bought the Crew Cab when I found out she was pregnant. We are looking at getting the travel system like you mentioned, it snaps into the stroller and the base that stays in the truck. We'll just buy an extra base so we have one set up in each car. Once the kid out grows that smaller one though, I'm going to have to find a convertible car seat, that's the one I'm looking to buy now so I can save the money in the future (actually I'm wanting to put it on the registry in hopes that it will be a present). Not looking for anything over $150. You're right, there are a lot of reviews out there, so many that reading them all makes me more confused than I was when I started looking.