GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

I picked up a tip from a buddy to use the pledge all surface spray and it works great! Keeps off dust and leaves no residue. Plus it keeps your truck smelling fresh

I use pledge all purpose. Makes my truck shine and smell great. Was recommended by a friend so I gave it a shot...no complaints here

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Have detailed cars for many years NEVER used AA on anything on the inside of a car.. If anything Just tires...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

I have heard and seen the negative affects of ArmorAll. And I don't not use it on anything but my tires. I have never found a product that I like as much for tires than AA. Although I must admit, I have not tried any of the new product out today. Does anyone have any they could recommend I try?

2011 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB 2WD W/5.3

Convenience Package
    : Adjustable Pedals, Remote Start, Electric Rear Window Defogger, Rear Parking Assist

Power Tech. Package| Volant CAI| GMC Upgraded Grill| Line-X Premium Bedliner| AVS Smoke Headlight Covers| Demolded| AMI Black Grill Emblem| AMI Black Rear Emblem| EGR In-Channel Window Visors| IPCW Third Brake Light| IPCW LED Fiber Optic Tail Lights| IJDM Dome & License Plate LED's| Flowmaster Exhaust W/ 3" Black Chrome Tips| OEM 20" Rims W/ Goodyear Eagle LS2

You can't get away from the STORM!

I am not an AA fan either, shiny slimy gunk is not attractive and I have heard from a lot of people about the cracking so I stay away. I am a huge fan of 303 aerospace protectant. i use it on my tonneau cover and all plastic trim, been very happy it hydrates the dull look and claims to protect from UV damage. a little pricy but worth it in my book

2011 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLE 4WD/Z71 Crew Cab Gray Green Metallic 6.0 Gas 6spd Auto 3.73 gears, HD locking rear differential. 18"Alum Wheels (Stock) Stock Michelin LTX AT-II Tires, Banks Monster Exhaust, Westin Platinum SS Oval Step Bars, EGR Window Deflectors, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Front and back Weathertech Digitech liners. Factory Remote Start with Onstar App on iPhone.

2003 GMC Envoy SLE Black 4WD 4.2 175,000 Miles all original drivetrain and runs like a champ and no rust or rot!

Quote Originally Posted by LOVINTHESTORM View Post
    I have heard and seen the negative affects of ArmorAll. And I don't not use it on anything but my tires. I have never found a product that I like as much for tires than AA. Although I must admit, I have not tried any of the new product out today. Does anyone have any they could recommend I try?
    I use Tire Wet on my tires. AMac asked me how I get them so black, so I suppose that's confidence-inspiring. It seems to last a good while, even in the crazy heat we've been having in the southeast.

On my truck I have a Four Wheel Camper that has pop up vinyl sides. They specifically say NOT to use AA. This is from their web site:

"When you have the camper stored, pop it up at least once a month and let it air out. Every six months, wash the outside with simple soap and water and then treat it with 303 Aerospace Protectant (http://www.303products.com/tech/inde...Product_ID=428). 303 also makes a great cleaner. DO NOT USE Armor AllŪ on anything. This will destroy the liner over time. Follow these steps and your liner will stay in great shape over the years for you."

Well, I've never heard of problems with Armor All before... I use it some. Not that I am disagreeing with what has been said... Looks like I will have to do some research on it. From use on my vehicles, I haven't had any problems with it... Still though, this makes a good discussion...

Following up on my last reply, here's a bit of research I did. I went straight to the source, Armor All's website. Here's the link: http://www.armorall.com/faq/interior.php#answer11 The company claims that no damage should result from use of their products in their FAQ section. Here's my suggestion... If you don't feel comfortable using it, find something else you trust, like what has been mentioned by the other members here. The other products look to be high quality, being from other reputable name brands. Hope that helps.

I too, hate the greasy feeling that AA leaves and I really hate it when the few times I go to a car wash, they grease everything up. I stopped using any products on my dash at all. The dash is suppose to be a matte finish so it refect's less light that comes in from your window making it harder to see through the window at certain angles.

I just use a good citrus cleaner diluted out to wipe the dust off every so often.

No the tires are a hole other story. I still won't use AA on tires because the alcohol in AA will turn your tires brown and make them look dirtier than they are as the shine wears out.

A local place carries both alcohol and water based tire shine and I actually like the water base better. I really get a mirror like finish that lasts at least 2 weeks unless it is raining. It takes a little longer to dry on the tire, but you can see you reflection in the tire like it is black paint freshly waxed.