GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Thats not a bad way to go about it.

Welcome to the GMTC, you definitely came to the right place for help on your truck. Just make sure you get what makes you happy not someone else. I drive a 2 wheel drive truck and have never wanted a lifted or 4 wheel drive but I know most on here are all about lifts and such. That is something that has to make you happy. Hope you enjoy the site as I have.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

Legend
    Blog Entries

Ohhhh Sgt!!! Really..... "Post pics of your truck and you".... Pulling the guy card eh!! Show some class to the newbies.. haha!!!!

Hey Girl... WELCOME TO THE CLUB! You have joined a great club here!! I created the Girls Club in the GMTC and I do alot of the community stuff for the club.. If you need any help, please message me. Hope that you will join our girls club.. and come out to the first GMTC REGIONAL Southern Summer Truck meet (posted in the Coffee Shop).... We would love to see pics of your truck! Enjoy the site

2008 GMC ENVOY SLT
    GT RACERS Black Diamond Grille
    | PIAA Headlights| BEAMERS Pro HID Kit 6,000K Diamond White |
    3" LiftMeister Body Lift Kit
    |Skyjacker Suspension| MagnaFlow Exhaust w/tip |Hella Supertone Horns| Blacked out Body

"Silly Boys! Lifted Trucks are for Girls"
    "If you can't beat 'em, then your going to slow" :sign0081:

Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the club and enjoy the site......

To me a xcap looks the best on the rancho 4 inch on some 35s. I'm doing that with king coil overs, and replacement bumper just to open up the wheel well. The 4 inch lift usually ends up around 5 inches of lift. If I can I have two friends with xcab one with 4in and one with 6in. I'll get use all lined up so you can see the difference from leveled to lifted
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Legend

Blog Entries

Welcome to the Club!!!

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Hey Erica if I have a pic of me and my ugly mug as my sig pic there's no excuse for anyone else! LOL. I like to put a face to names. Might have to get a new one when I have my dress blues all put together though.
    93 Suburban (Southern Slayer): TBI 350, 4L60E
    73 Z28 Camaro: L82, TKO 600

KJ4CLI

"...Death smiles at us all, all a man can do is smile back..."

Welcome to the club post pics of your ride when you get a chance. Way to sgt now you got erica going now we will never hear the end of it. Loves ya B from the other end of canada still

Fabtech/Banks Ram Air |Fuel Off Road/ 315/70/17 duratracs |Hyper tech / Spencershids |
    Color Matched Bowtie |15% Tint on Front Windows|20% Tint on Back Windows

Chevy Ridin' High
    "Black rims are as cool as a boner at a swim meet"

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    We are the Borg. Lift your truck and surrender your keys. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile. Erm, I mean ... welcome to GM Truck Club!
    every single time

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs

Jr. Engineer
    Live in Mississippi...But I claim Texas!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2010TEEREX View Post
    Does anybody know of businesses in Central Texas(Austin and surrounding areas) that install lift kits, tires, etc.... I have been looking online for awhile and only found 4wheelparts and Star Customs.

Also, do ya'll have any advice on what modifications I should make in regards to lift height and tire size. I know this question gets asked alot, but I know little about this and if I ask the guys at the store, they will try to sell the most expensive unneeded crap possible. I haul trailers on occasion and also go off road for hunting and fishing. Due to a back injury, I am not gonna be doing an extreme 4 wheeling so I don't need a Monster truck that can travel up Mt Everest.

I have looked at all the lifts online, ranging from 4-6" and even the leveling kits. I am just wanting to get a lift and tires that do not affect the factory smooth ride, can haul a trailer and boat on a regular basis, but also looks proportionate in height and tire size. I hope this makes sense, as I am totally pulling the girl card here. Any suggestions would help.
    I lived in SA for a long time, and have had all my trucks done through 4 wheel parts. They have great knowledge, and your truck will be done right! I would go with a 6" lift and 35's. You will have a great ride.......Also, welcome to the club!!!

2011 Silverado "Black Widow Edition"

7" Lift
    35" Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ's
    20" American Racing Rims With -24 offset
    Recon Smoked Led Tail and 3rd Brake Lights

MCX Conversion Package.....
    Custom Dual Exhaust
    Custom Leather
    Custom Chrome Gauges With Red Back-Lighting
    Black Widow Badges
    Back-up Camera System
    Programmer