GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default New Member From Connecticut

Hello Everyone.

I've been lurking around for a few months now, and decided to introduce myself. My name is Dave and I'm in Connecticut. I am returning to the GM camp after spending the last 16 driving my Dodge. I had always had a GM. From my first GMC S-15 Jimmy, to my 1991 full size Blazer (which had always been my favorite) to a bevy of Chevys that my then wife drove while I had my Dodge. I got her a 98 Blazer, an 04 TrailBlazer and an 07 Tahoe. I kept the Tahoe after the divorce, but the payment got to be too much, so I had to get rid of it. I still had the Dodge, and it is paid off, so I just drove that. It has 10 inches of lift, sitting on 37's, not the most practical daily driver, but it is what it is.

Fast forward a few years. I got myself back on track, and decided to get something better suited for the family that I have. After a few months of looking, I ended up getting myself a 2004 2500 Suburban. it has 83,000 miles, and is in excellent shape. So far, I really like it. After all the stuff I threw in the Dodge, I'm keeping this one pretty much stock. So far the only thing I've added is a Banks air intake system. I would like to do a leveling kit and go a little bigger then the 245's that are on there now. But as I know all to well, once it starts going up, it gets hard to stop. It was easy on the Dodge with the solid front axle, but I'm not too sure about the IFS I have now. We'll see what happens down the road.

I use to be on the Dodge forums a lot a few years ago, and met a lot of great people from there. I hope to get back into the swing of things here. It has been a while.

That is my story in a nutshell. Hope to get to talking to some of you in the months to come.

Thanks.

Dave.
    2004 Chevy Suburban 2500
    Banks Ram-Air Intake

1996 Dodge Ram 1500
    5 inch Suspension
    2 inch Spacers
    3 inch Body
    37x14.50x15 Toyo M/T

Welcome aboard. Surprised the Dodge lasted this long (joke! I like those old Dodges but don't tell anyone I said that). Looking forward to seeing some pictures and hearing more from you, got a great group of people here.

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs

Welcome aboard. You'll find that there are a lot of great GM enthusiasts on here. Where in CT are you? I have friends up off of 84, and get to Norwalk once in awhile.
    2009 GMC Sierra 5.3L running on E85
    Black and chrome
    Volant CAI
    Borla dual exhaust
    Chrome Billet grill
    Tonneau cover
    4300k High/Low Beam HIDs
    Westin Ultimate Bull Bar with PIAA 540s
    Blacked-out tail and third brake light

Welcome to the club Dave, good to have you as part of our family.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

Master Mechanic

Welcome to the club, I'm sure you will meet plenty of great people here as well.

Welcome to the club Dave from canada. Cant wait to see some pics of the new ride and hopefully we can help with any question in the near future

Fabtech/Banks Ram Air |Fuel Off Road/ 315/70/17 duratracs |Hyper tech / Spencershids |
    Color Matched Bowtie |15% Tint on Front Windows|20% Tint on Back Windows

Chevy Ridin' High
    "Black rims are as cool as a boner at a swim meet"

Legend

Blog Entries

Welcome to the Club!!!

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Welcome to the site.

We are the Borg. Lift your truck and surrender your keys. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile. Erm, I mean ... welcome to GM Truck Club!

Welcome to the club. You've had a lot of GMs in your life. Too bad it got broken up by the dodge. =p Sorry, but you have to expect it on the gm forum. Sounds like you've got a beast in the making in that burb. Looking forward to seeing some pictures. Good to have you around.

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by