GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by
    Jr. Apprentice

Default Newbie in Oklahoma

Hey my name is mike. I'm new to the site and currently drive a 97 suburban 4x4. I have a few upgrades already but don't know if I will keep building it up. What's everyone's 4x4 of choice around here.? Anyone else have an nice suburbans my body style and any advice?

Hey Welcome to the site. I love suburbans. Sadly, I don't have one though. My wife will need an SUV within the next 12-18 months though, so you never know. Good to have you on here. And there are plenty of suburban owners on here.

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

Legend

Blog Entries

Welcome to the Club!!! Here is a link to our Burb section in the forum...take a peek and see if there is anything there that may help you.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/for...#axzz1sVdEERwT

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Welcome to the GMTC Mike, nice to have you with us. You will find allot of people on here have the Burbs and you will find many ideas. Good to have you.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

We are the Borg. Lift your truck and surrender your keys. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile. Erm, I mean ... welcome to GM Truck Club, Mike!

Welcome to the forum! I'm a displaced Okie myself. I also have a Burb, but older and of the 2WD variety. That's fine though cause it's my future radio platform. What part of OK?

EDIT: Nevermind I just saw it lol. I grew up in the Tulsa area myself. Try to get back out there every chance I get.
    93 Suburban (Southern Slayer): TBI 350, 4L60E
    73 Z28 Camaro: L82, TKO 600

KJ4CLI

"...Death smiles at us all, all a man can do is smile back..."

Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the club and Enjoy the site......

Jr. Apprentice

Thanks for the warm welcome. This had to be 4wd we have been getting some good snows and I'm working a building a monster. I am hesitant to do it with a heavy surburban tho. What kind of system? I'm runnin two kicker 15s and a 2000 watt peak amp by crunch.

Even the 2WD Burbs don't slide around. We didn't get any accumulating snow this winter but the previous two winters we did and that truck didn't blink. Course I've gotten caught in a snowstorm, in the mountains, in my 73 Camaro once and didn't slide either. The only reason I would want 4WD is to get all the way back to a few of my fishing holes but I couldn't get something as massive as a Burb back there anyway. I'd have to get a little S-10 or something. I guess it would be possible to get an Avalanche back there or maybe a regular 1/2 ton but even that would be iffy. I do miss home though, even if there are more of both extremes out there.

Jr. Apprentice

There most certainly is! I'm not from here this is hard to get used to lol. The burb is going to be a sand truck for little Saharah and the dunes when I travel home (Cali)

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by