GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

I agree on not greasing that slip yoke by removing it from the transmission. I am also pretty sure that there is not a grease fitting on the u-joint since I just looked at mine last Thursday and couldn't find one. I also have an aluminum drive shaft, though and not exactly sure if that was stock or not.

I noticed mine will only clunk if I take it really easy away from stop signs or lights. I still take it easy, but I do goose it a little and it doesn't clunk. Mine will also clunk if I go from having a load on the engine (IE: giving it the beans) to letting off and braking immediately.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

This is mostly on the ext cab short bed 4x4's with the aluminum driveshaft. I had the same prob and tried greasing it with all kinds of stuff. Sure it will go away for a month or 2 but it will come back. Brokedown and dished out the 250$ for a nikel yoke. 4 years now no probs. there are no grease fittings on factory equipment, i always get the hd joints from napa with the fittings but even then the fittings are almost impossable to get to with the truck on the ground so i pull the shaft every summer and grease them up.

Blog Entries

So yesterday, I was backing out of my spot in front of the garage, and when I put the truck in reverse, it hesitated, then felt like it slipped with a bit of a pop. Definitely thinking it's that slip yoke. Transmission works great in every gear but that has happened with reverse a couple of times now.

Yeap, I get a "clink" in reverse almost every time....so Shibby, you said you paid $250 for the yoke...seems like I read or heard that it was more expensive. Thats not bad.
    1999 Chevrolet Suburban LS K1500
    1991 Chevrolet S10 4.3L 4x4
    2005 Suzuki Forenza (GM/Daewoo)

It was in 09 and i was still working in the shop then so i got a small discount. They were around $450 when the TSB first came out but they have come down. List was only like 40$ off what i paid but agian this is 3 years ago.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12