GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Conlan - I know this is old - but did you have any luck getting this fixed? I found your post doing a google search. I've got the same issue on my burb... I'm looking at different ways of fixing it. Any info you have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ybstuk View Post
    Conlan - I know this is old - but did you have any luck getting this fixed? I found your post doing a google search. I've got the same issue on my burb... I'm looking at different ways of fixing it. Any info you have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    I have yet to touch it even after all this time because its just such a pain in the ass place to work and such. I made it easier to live with by removing the torsion bar that makes the tailgate easier to close and I eventually needed to also adjust the rear glass latch because the gate sank a little.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

I too have yet to tackle the same problem - but I've got to do it soon. I've just avoided opening the gate since it happened... It really sucks, as I loved using the gate. Thanks for replying.

I would just roll into a body shop and ask what the cost would be to make it right, you will have a good number for cost to work with, in my area they don't mind or charge to look at your problem and give you a quote. Often they will toss out a couple of ways to go about the repair and you can go from there.
    Life is short compared to history

Rick (summitwhite11)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12