GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is it normal for the trim molding on Chevy Silverado to turn pinkish color?? Help?

Hello. My 2005 Chevy Silverado 1500 Ext Cab LS has pinkish coloring to both sides of the "trim molding" (the thin stripe that stretches from the door to the ext cab). Is this normal? How can I wash it or clean it off? Any suggestions? Thanks

It could be the paint peeling off the trim piece. Can you provide a pic of the issue?
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2200.jpg 
Views:	506 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	31171Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2197.jpg 
Views:	495 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	31172

Here you go! Sorry for the late reply. i would appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by TELORVEHC View Post
    It could be the paint peeling off the trim piece. Can you provide a pic of the issue?

Looks like the paint from the trim piece is fading but I'm not sure. Try washing it off w/ soap and water and if that doesn't work maybe try a pressure washer (from a distance!) on it's lowest setting and see what that does.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

Legend
    Blog Entries

I am going to go out on a limb and say it's what your cleaning it with, you wouldn't by chance be using any meguires products on that would you? Reason I ask is because there gold class wax actually turned my s10 molding white, and it was previously black which is why I debadged the truck lol! I have never seen molding turn pink though......

Legend
    Blog Entries

It looks like it is more along the top of the trim than say uniformly across it. That would make me suspect aging or exposure to the elements. Have you had the truck since it was new? The trim looks to be factory original unless it is an after market replacement. You might try Tricia in the Ask GM Customer Service forum if there have been any complaints or other trucks with a similar problem.

It is a long shot but component quality issues have impacted some trucks and not others.
    86 911 Porsche Carrera
    98 K1500 Suburban LT
    2012 Nissan Leaf

​General Motors.
    Because life is too short to drive a Ford

I believe it is fading. My cousin has a tan crew cab, tan molding but it is fading the same way as yours except its not pinkish. I assuming the white fading molding turns pinkish
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

thanks.

Where can I buy replacement trim moldings? Any links?

Quote Originally Posted by anewfoundsin View Post

Here you go! Sorry for the late reply. i would appreciate it!
    I would like to look into this for you. Please feel free to contact me privately with more information. It may also be helpful to include the last eight of your VIN. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

Quote Originally Posted by GM Customer Service View Post
    I would like to look into this for you. Please feel free to contact me privately with more information. It may also be helpful to include the last eight of your VIN. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
    Interested if there was a resolution. I have a 2005 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab and have the same issue. Noticed several on the internet.
    I just called GM Service and they are arranging an investigation meaning go to the dealer, let them look and report back.

Best Regards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast