GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

I've been a fan of Coopers for a while i run the STTs on my truck if you can stand te tire noise they're awesome

2003 single cab stepside Chev 1500, 6" rough coutnry lift, 4' firestick cb whips, cobra ltd cb radio.
    Next mods: flowmaster 10series muffler and exhaust (in process)
    1.5" zone body lift
    315/70r16 cooper stt once the 305s wear out

Sold-1996 Audi A4 lowered on H&R ultra low coils running 19" mercedes wheels, limo tint, borla exhaust
    New ride 96 VW jetta lowered 2.0l 5 spd

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zogg View Post
    WOW!!!! My new AT3's came yesterday morning and I went immediately to Walmart to get them mounted and balanced. One tire actually required NO weight for a perfect balance.

I drove from Illinois to South County St Louis (About 60 miles each way) and I have never been so impressed with a set of tires. Sooo SMOOTH, QUIET, soft on bumps....I thought I was driving the Escalade I used to have.

Can't tell yet about wet roads, but it is supposed to rain her tomorrow and I will certainly get them wet. The crappy Goodyears were so stiff and rough, and would spin at an intersection if it even looked like rain!! And, they look really great on the truck...the OWL letters are very nice, not gaudy.

This was a great choice and all for $619!!!!
    I just drove home in a complete down pour about an hour ago. While I wasn't going over about 55 because of the large puddles in the road, the tires and truck handled it great!
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

im gonna try and keep these tires in mind when my truck needs new shoes. wont be a for a long while. those wranglers are mostly new.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

4. Likes ChevyFan liked this post
    San Angelo most of the time, Houston at others

I've got a set of the Cooper Discoverer ATPs. 265/75R16 on my burban. I did some extensive research before I got these tires, and even though these are not an LT rated tire, the tire rating on these equal the light truck tires. I've got about 2000 miles on them and have been extremely impressed. Not too much off road, just a day at the beach. They performed excellent. I was getting out of places other guys were getting stuck. Sure it helped having the 4wd on and the G80 locker in the rear, but it never felt like I was losing traction. Even through the nasty soft stuff. Road noise is very minimal and street performance feel like a set of street tires. My first set of Coopers, but will definitely purchase another set. Oh, and these were less than $700.
    1998 K1500 Suburban
    1977 Chevelle Malibu

"I'm proud to defend your right to be an idiot!" From a friend in the military.

6. Likes ChevyFan liked this post

Looks like I'll be getting a set of these for my truck since you guys have alot of good things to say about them.

2011 Silverado 6.2L

I'd like to see some photos of this if possible. Anyone?

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

yeah these tires really do wear very well! although i will tell you adding your hub rings will do absolutely NOTHING to improve tire wear, you might have an alignment issue or something else, hub rings only help you to align the wheel before tightening the lug nuts, if they were meant for more than that do you think they would be made out of plastic? lol keep up with the rotations and i have no doubt you will be cranking at least 50k out of them
    2000 Chevrolet Silverado

Powertrain:
    4.3L V6, 4L60E, 2WD, Single Cab
    Performance:
    Airaid CAI
    Poweraid TB Spacer
    Flowmaster 10-series exhaust (dumped)
    BLACKBEAR TUNED!!!
    Edge CS insight monitor
    4.10 gears
    Limited-slip differential
    LS-1 Dual Electric fans
    Corvette tranny servo swap

Audio:
    Head Unit: Alpine
    Speakers: Alpine SPR-60C 6.5" component set, 4X6 Infinity Kappas
    Subs: 2-12" Kicker CVT's
    Amps: Alpine-M1000 (subs), Alpine MRX-F65 (Speakers)

Tires/Wheels:
    305/70R16 NITTO Terra Grapplers
    16" PROCOMP 7089's
    Suspension:
    2" leveling kit
    3" Fabtech Spindle Lift Kit
    Front/Rear-Bilstein 5100 shocks

Lighting:
    FRONT
    35W HID Low Beams
    RECON LED smoked roof cab lights
    REAR
    HELLA LED taillights and 3rd brakelight
    HELLA FF-75 Aux. Reverse Lamps
    RIGID dually D2, flush mount, wide beam
    Accessories:
    Hawk HPS Brake pads
    Russell braided steel brake lines
    Powerstop-red powdercoated brake calipers
    Powerslot Cryo brake rotors
    EGR in-channel window visors

This is another one of these threads that is getting a ton of activity, please remember to click the Like / Thank button for each post that had helped you out (registered members only).

Had the st's and loved them great on off road.. self cleaning, no hydro plane and worked in the snow... got 65k outta of them on a plow truck that hauled a 20' trailer every day.. cousin had at3 on the f350 and he got 45k same situation plow and trailer every day.. he had no complaints

Jr. Apprentice
    Dushore, PA and building my "winter home" in Alabama.

OK guys! Any updates on the AT3's? Mileage and towing? Looking at possibly purchasing these for my 97 Yukon that pulls a 6000# travel trailer and rural daily driver. Thanks
    1997 GMC Yukon, 5.7, 4L60E, 115,000, Dual batteries, Jet power programmed, K&N air filter.

Self jump start capability, custom trailer wiring.