GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by
    Blog Entries

Default Newbie from Jacksonville FL

Hi All! My name is Steve and I decided to join up after cruising the site looking at the "Black Trucks" pages for ideas. I purchased a 2011 Silverado Crew-cab LTZ almost this time last year, which still has only 5200 miles on it because it's not a daily-driver. I've pretty much always driven a chevy- past rides are (in order) 1988 Chevy S10 Blazer (w/ 10 switch Hydralic setup), 1988 Caprice Classic (same Hydro set up), 1998 Tahoe LT, 1995 Lexus LS400, 2001 Silverado Ext-Cab, 1997 Tahoe LT, 2007 Silverado Cew Cab 2500 turbo Diesel, 2011 Silverado LTZ. Yeah... did I mention i'm in my 30's? All of my past rides have been modified and customized. It's been nearly a year and I've done basically nothing to my new toy. This is my first 4x4 and I am very much looking forward to having it lifted. I've been researching my citys shops and have narrowed it down to one I like. Not the cheapest quote but with one of the other places I felt like if I left my truck there, they would swap out my engine and tranny with something else.... yeah that kinda place! Anyway- I'm now looking at BDS kit and having a little extra done in the rear to ensure i still have a grade when it's done. The "level" look everyone raves about is garbage to me- I hate the large front wheel well and smaller space in the back, especially on Chevys! The quote is 2500.00, so jump in people if this is a ridiculous amount! My cheapest quote was 2100.00. I hope to get some pictures of the "stock" ride up soon on the site to track progress.

We are the Borg. Lift your vehicle and surrender your keys. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile. Erm, I mean ... welcome to GM Truck Club!

2.5k seems steep. 2.1k seems more inline with what I'd expect.

Legend

Blog Entries

Welcome to the Club!!! Sorry, I'm not familiar with how much it costs to install kits. Out of curiosity though, what is the cost of the kit and does the quote include shocks?

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Welcome to the GMTC Steve, good luck with your new toy. Can't wait to see some pictures.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the Club and Enjoy the site..........

Welcome to the site. Good to have you, especially with your GM history.

What size lift is that quote for? Are you planning to get wheels and tires as well? Just tires? I'd assume that quote is for the kit and the install, correct?

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

Jr. Engineer
    Live in Mississippi...But I claim Texas!!

Welcome to the club!!!!

2011 Silverado "Black Widow Edition"

7" Lift
    35" Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ's
    20" American Racing Rims With -24 offset
    Recon Smoked Led Tail and 3rd Brake Lights

MCX Conversion Package.....
    Custom Dual Exhaust
    Custom Leather
    Custom Chrome Gauges With Red Back-Lighting
    Black Widow Badges
    Back-up Camera System
    Programmer
    Full Length Nerf bars
    Bull Bar
    Fender Flares
    Hood Scoop

Pioneer Head Unit
    Custom Sub Box With Two Competition 10" JBL's
    Rockford Fosgate 1000w Prime Amp

Blog Entries

Thanks for all the welcomes guys! This kit is a BDS 6", and does come with shocks all the way around. It has replacement struts in front, w spindles, and a block plus add a leaf in the rear with other basic kit stuff included. But since I'm adamit that the rear end still sit a little higher than the front they want to do a full leaf spring replacment in the rear(I'm not 100% what exactly that all entials yet but it did increase the orginal quote) I've looked at several sites and the basic kit is listed between 1600.00 and 1700.00. He did mention dipping and painting a few parts to make sure they match up and that includes any needed fabrication to the front fender/bumper for clearance. Also this includes a re-alignment when done and sitting on the new rims/tires. I am looking at either the 93r or 94r by RBP (RollingBigPower) in a 20" by10. He advised staying at a positive 10 offset (evertime I think i understand offset/backspacing it turns out wrong) It seems the 93r (my fav) is a discontinued rim so not sure if that means I can get it cheaper or wont be able to get it at all .... Oh- and tires I havent even decided on yet, it seems everyone is trying to steer me to the Terra Grapplers... they must get a deal on these or something.. major popular around town. I will get some pictures up this weekend!
    Last edited by SouthEastBeast; 05-04-2012 at 09:31 AM.

Legend

Blog Entries

Well, it sounds like you're getting everything you need and working with someone who knows what they're doing. It will look great when you get it back lifted....that is my most favorite mod I have done for both fun and looks; I'm sure you'll be extremely happy.

I'm with you regarding the backspace and offset....

If your pocket book can take it, you may want to see if the shop will re-grear it at the same time. With all that work being done, they may work you a better deal.

Blog Entries

Ah- Gears.. I asked if I needed to be regeared and his answer was no- I have the 3.73 with the six speed tranny. But I am clueless when it come to these. I see the yukon 4.56 seems to be listed in many peoples mods. If you have more info on the pro and cons of gears and what to go with /why please share!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by