GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Should the new Colorado be made 3/4 size?

I'm pretty sure the days of the true compact pickup are over in the US, at least for now. The Colorado was certainly bigger than the S-10, but it it big enough? The designers at GM have already rolled out the new version of the Colly in Southeast Asia (where it's a huge seller in places like Thailand and the Philippine islands. But will that cut mustard in the US?

My brother-in-law has a regular cab Colorado, and I can hardly fit into the thing I'm afraid my knees are going to break if we hit a pothole.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chevrolet-colorado-2_800x0w.jpg 
Views:	978 
Size:	76.0 KB 
ID:	38050

Name:	chevrolet-colorado-14_800x0w.jpg 
Views:	386 
Size:	74.2 KB 
ID:	38060Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chevrolet-colorado-5_800x0w.jpg 
Views:	343 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	38061Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chevrolet-colorado-12_800x0w.jpg 
Views:	338 
Size:	74.9 KB 
ID:	38058Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chevrolet-colorado-6_800x0w.jpg 
Views:	338 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	38062Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chevrolet-colorado-13_800x0w.jpg 
Views:	794 
Size:	74.9 KB 
ID:	38059
    Last edited by ChevyFan; 04-20-2012 at 11:10 AM.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

That is absolutely an terrible looking vehicle. It look like something toyota would build doesn't even look like something chevy would build. Chevy is getting worse every year on the body styles of their vehicles. Maybe im to much against the new body styles but I want a good looking truck that performs well and not a space looking vehicle that gets 50mpg that you can't do damn thing with but drive...not what i consider a truck
    2000 Chevy Silverado 4WD Classic
    2'' lift Torsion Keys and air shocks
    33/12.50 Hankook Dynapro M/T
    3 1/2'' down pipe back 6" Tip
    Dodge Towing Mirrors
    Smoked Tails, Cab Lights, and Side Marker Lights
    1% Rear and Side Window, 20% Front Tint
    American Racing Wheels/ With a custom black paint
    Cold Air Intake
    Edge Performance Chip
    Custom Audio System
    LED Tails
    Black background headlights and parking lights

That thing looks awful. Reminds me of that stupid Subaru Baja....or god forbid.....a Dodge Rampage. Like MTM said....why make the "truck" look like a space shuttle or an electric shaver.

Name:	2003_ny+2004_subaru_baja_turbo+front_left_view.jpg 
Views:	1591 
Size:	29.8 KB 
ID:	38064

Name:	Dodge-Rampage.jpg 
Views:	870 
Size:	24.4 KB 
ID:	38065

2012 Silverado 1500 LS Crew Cab 4.8L 4x4
    - Nitto Tera Grapler 265/70R17, Line-X bed liner, Black Bowties, Stampede front deflector, DeeZee black diamond plate bed rails, TonnoPro Lo-roll cover, Antenna deleted, Spyder Projection Headlights with Phillips CrystalVision Ultra bulbs, Spyder Tail Lights & 3rd Brake Light, Rough Country leveling kit, PlastiDip'd emblems, and wheel hubs, Diablosport Trinity, 20% tint, Black OEM grill

"Coming through in a new Chevy, droppin' game like it's too heavy."

Looks better than the Colorado and Canyon. Its the front of an Acadia on a truck. Seems legit to me since they haven't done a Blazer in years that that was the suv version of the S10. I like it especially since I hate the Colorados and Canyons.
    Sometimes the best part of my job is that my chair swivels.

I'm just an obs addict i hate anything with the new body style. I like it until 07 1/2 or whenever they switched to the current body style. they just look weird i like the old boxy bodies not these big rounded off bodies

I like my Colorado, but I wouldn't mind if it had more room in both the cab and bed. If we continue to have high fuel prices, I'll continue to have to find a way to have a truck and also be able to have a steak every once in a while.

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas

I honestly like the new front ends at least on the Avalanches and Burbs. Looks more sharp IMO. I don't have any problem with the old boxy front end except from an aerodynamic standpoint. I love my Burb but the same drivetrain in one of the newer bodies wouldn't have to work as hard to overcome air resistence. I understand there's only so much you can do for aero on a truck but every little bit would make a difference. Plus the interiors on the newer trucks are so much better. I don't care for the interior on my truck though so that's in the process of changing. Won't be able to change the dash but I can at least do the seats and build a console that's actually useful. I hate having to hold my coffee cup anytime I mash the gas pedal or have to hit the brakes halfway hard or even take a moderate turn. It's a pain in the butt to open up the center console as well. I know most people are right handed but I am not so it's somewhat difficult to work a console with that type of latch release for me. A simple button would suffice.

That being said, I'm not a big fan of the high waistline on that concept. It's one of the issues I have with the new Camaro as well. Drop the waistline down about 6-10" and it would probably look pretty decent.
    93 Suburban (Southern Slayer): TBI 350, 4L60E
    73 Z28 Camaro: L82, TKO 600

KJ4CLI

"...Death smiles at us all, all a man can do is smile back..."

i kinda like it, but it looks more like something that might come out in 15 years or so.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

All of the photos online show the dressed up version.
    What with the base unit look like.
    The Work Truck.

There are many companies that purchase fleets and such. Mostly no frills versions.
    What will the no frills version look like?