GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by jnbama View Post
    Nice truck and need to come to the Summer meet in August, I lived in Jackson/Milan for 10 years really miss being in Tenn.
    Never expected to see someone who lived near Milan on here. My dad was stationed there in the early 80's and of course we lived near Lavinia (sp) and the post office was the size of a kitchen.

Jr. Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by RayVoy View Post
    I use the "M" instead of "D" sometimes around town. With the "M", I select 4th gear and the tranny forgets about the other two. I find it is a big improvement to stop and go.
    I never thought of doing that. That's genius! I'm going to try it today on my way home from work. Did you notice if it impacted the mpg at all? I'm curious to see the results.
    2010 Red Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LT
    Blacked Out
    15% Tint all around
    22" KMC Slide Series Black Chrome Rims
    305/45/22R Nitto Dune Grappler Tires
    ReadyLift Leveling Kit
    K&N CAI
    IPCW Black Halo Projector LED Headlights
    IPCW Black Third brake Light
    IPCW Black LED Taillights
    Street Scene Front Bumper Valance
    Street Scene Black Chrome Grille
    Black Bowties
    Magnaflow Dual Exhaust
    Alpine Touchscreen Headunit
    4 Kicker RS Componet Speakers
    Kicker 12" L7 subwoofer w/ Kicker ZX1500.1 Amplifier

Do the 2012 models have the 8 cyl cutout? If so, duals are gonna sound like crap when it runs on 4 cyl. Mine does that so I got the Diablo to do away with that feature. Well worth the $350 for that plus I can do shift points and speedo calibrations. Im new here so you may already have know all this.

Really nice looking truck. Congrats. When I bought mine it was brand new as well and was the nicest thing I'd bought as well. Now I have the mod bug, but I love my truck. Glad to hear you do as well.

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyTN View Post
    Thanks guys! It's badass the way it is buuuuuut yeah the MODS are coming.

I've played with the "M" mode some, but I'll try the towing button and see how that goes. It pisses me off when it drops down in gear and your left with no power around 3rd gear and have to pop it to get up and go. The 5.3 is powerful enough to be fast and smooth without all this herky jerky crap.

Probably going to do 33's or 35's Nitto Trailgrapplers this time instead of the Nitto Mud Grapplers. Yeah I know they don't look as good but the road noise is I N S A N E on roadtrips.

Not sure about rims.... the Moto Wheels are always a favorite of mine. I only like Chrome for me, the black is new school I guess.

Going to improve the exhaust, not sure if I want chrome tips or cutoffs this time. Flowmaster probably. I'm more concerned with a nice smooth rumble instead of a loud clap.

The sound system is perfect, it's loud as hell and deep base. It's a Bose sound system.

THE LIFT...... I did a rough country 3" last time and it was perfect but I'm thinking 4" Rancho Suspension lift this time
    http://www.gorancho.com/suspension.p...erado1500#lift

JNBAMA Where is the meet at?
    Hermatage, TN east side of Nashville Aug 4th- look up Southern regional truck meet GMCErica

---------- Post added at 07:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by clhaggett View Post
    Never expected to see someone who lived near Milan on here. My dad was stationed there in the early 80's and of course we lived near Lavinia (sp) and the post office was the size of a kitchen.
    Lived Milan and Jax for 10 years ,2008 temper, stress and smart @$$ boss didn't get along , found myself unemployed middle of recession. Sold everthing moved down here and stayed with my sister for awhile

Quote Originally Posted by lquattro04 View Post
    Did you notice if it impacted the mpg at all? I'm curious to see the results.
    MPG is not good in stop and go anyway, never checked for a change. Probably wouldn't be much different.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

DEFINITELY made a difference using the tow button. It shifts better but it makes it shift noticeably harder.

I still think they should be able to program the 5.3V8 6speed transmission to be FAST and SMOOTH....... without having to buy an extra programmer anyway.
    2012 Chevy Silverado Z71 4x4 5.3
    Rough Country 2.5' Lift/Level
    Chevy 18's on Toyo Open Country MT 33's
    DiabloSport Trinity Tuner with Custom Tune from Lew
    Debating on AMP Research Powersteps

2008 GMC Sierra WT 4x2 4.3

3" Rough Country Suspension Lift w/Control Arms
    Super 44 Flowmaster Straight Dual Exhaust from the Cat Back with 18" Chrome 3.5" Exhaust Tips.
    Moto Wheels 951 18" on Nitto Mud Grappler 33's
    Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 System with Kenwood 5.1 amp using Stock Headunit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12