GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

I just got a quote from Response, blew my carrier out of the water, and better coverage than I have now!!!!

Sorry for your loss. Thanks for the heads up on a good company
    No matter where you go...there you are!!
    ----------------------------------------
    Mike

2004 Chevy Silverado LS Crew Cab
    1988 Ford Bronco (Project 4 Sale)
    2007 Harley-Davidson Sportster 1200C

Jr. Apprentice

Steve, so glad you were not injuried worse in your wreck. REMEMBER, do not sign any "Medical Release" until your sure your Neck and Back are OK!!
    I say this because they are an area of the body that once injuried, they will bother you for years.
    The other thing you can do with "Insurance Companies" and others is to tell them as they do us; " This call is being recorded for your Protection!" Do not make belive, RECORD IT!! "
    This has a way of making sure everyone stays on their best behavior. Judges across the US have ruled based soley on the recordings, because they show the intent of the conversation.
    Here's hoping this works out for you, and Congratulations on the new addition to your family.
    Lynn and Trish

Quote Originally Posted by Duranged Mike View Post
    I just got a quote from Response, blew my carrier out of the water, and better coverage than I have now!!!!

Sorry for your loss. Thanks for the heads up on a good company

Hey, if you sign-up and use my name, I get a $5 Gas Card! Whoo-hoo! If anyone wants to use Response Insurance and my name (PM me and I'll give it), I'll use the $5 Gas Card as a give-away on this site.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

Sr. Engineer
    Blog Entries

Hey Steve,

Just now reading about this. I am so sorry you are going through this.. :( Most insurance companies suck. The great thing is that we are not limited to just auto. Health insurance sucks, life insurance sucks and everything else in between!!! Glad you are okay. That's the important thing.

2007 Colorado Regular Cab Z85 2.9L/4 cyl.
    Lowered 3/4
    18" Nissan Titan Rims

Quote Originally Posted by Flatman View Post
    Hey Steve,

Just now reading about this. I am so sorry you are going through this.. :( Most insurance companies suck. The great thing is that we are not limited to just auto. Health insurance sucks, life insurance sucks and everything else in between!!! Glad you are okay. That's the important thing.
    Thanks for the encouragement, I think! Where you been?

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD

Sr. Engineer
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Thanks for the encouragement, I think! Where you been?
    Busy, busy...my boss is trying to kill me!!!

2007 Colorado Regular Cab Z85 2.9L/4 cyl.
    Lowered 3/4
    18" Nissan Titan Rims

sorry to hear about all your troubles. i had a problem yrs ago with state farm , i use a lawyer now , if there insurance oes not take of damage thats the route i go. good luck and hope things work out for you.

Wow I have never seen so much truth in one thread! I'm glad you're ok and good luck with the kiddos. These people know what they are talking about so take them seriously which I'm sure you are. The big problem the insurance company has is you. You're not backing down and their irritated. The comments that lady made on the phone with you for reporting them is pure harrassment and probably something I would say if I just got in trouble because I failed to hose you over! (lol). RECORD EVERY CONVERSATION it is an inconvenience but will pay for itself. Could you imagine if you were a 70 year old little lady? You wouldn't know what to do. I guarantee they would have talked to her the same way and scared her to death so she wouldn't fight back. Someone said do not sign the medical release (while they hand you a small "buy off" check). Been there done that. Wish I would have had someone to tell me not to do it. Record, keep notes, build your own case(just in case) hire an attorney(if needed). Hopefully in the end everything works out for you and possibly the insurance company will get in trouble since you have done your job and reported them!
    Last edited by silver2000; 12-03-2007 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by silver2000 View Post
    Wow I have never seen so much truth in one thread! I'm glad you're ok and good luck with the kiddos. These people know what they are talking about so take them seriously which I'm sure you are. The big problem the insurance company has is you. You're not backing down and their irritated. The comments that lady made on the phone with you for reporting them is pure harrassment and probably something I would say if I just got in trouble because I failed to hose you over! (lol). RECORD EVERY CONVERSATION it is an inconvenience but will pay for itself. Could you imagine if you were a 70 year old little lady? You wouldn't know what to do. I guarantee they would have talked to her the same way and scared her to death so she wouldn't fight back. Someone said do not sign the medical release (while they hand you a small "buy off" check). Been there done that. Wish I would have had someone to tell me not to do it. Record, keep notes, build your own case(just in case) hire an attorney(if needed). Hopefully in the end everything works out for you and possibly the insurance company will get in trouble since you have done your job and reported them!
    Thanks for the advice. I wish this whole thing never happened and I'm still in shock that they say that it's 40% my fault. I still can't beliee that ANYONE would come to that conclusion.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD

Blog Entries

wow, sorry to hear about the wreck. glad you are okay!
    Cheri
    Chevy Trailblazer LS 4x4
    Seattle, WA

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast