GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... Last Post byLast Post by

That really is terrible. Have you dealt with that autobody shop before? Sloppy steering at high speeds is not something I would want to mess around with. Hopefully they'll fix their mistakes without too much of a hassle, you've had more than enough of that already.
    Dan
    1999 GMC Sierra 2500 350 vortec
    1967 Jeep M725 ambulance 230 tornado
    1990 Cherokee Limited- 3 inch lift on 33's
    ...and every one of em has issues

If you have any questions or problems don't hesitate to send me or any other GMTC moderators a PM

Blog Entries

Nobody can even fathom the stress you have endured since your accident and for this to keep going is a shame. In a less than perfect world we have this false sense of security when driving that if ever you become the victom of an accident resulting in personal or property damage, that you will be taken care of 100% if not by Farmers then your own insurance. It's also a shame that your dealership is doing less than quality work.
    Sorry, but it burns my a$$ that you continue to be a victom instead of having some closure so you can get on with your life and be able to spend more time with your family along with your up and coming addition.

Don't settle for less than perfection if you have any say at all.
    Good luck Steve!
    Darcy
    Washington State
    2006 Silverado 2500HD LT3 4X4 CC SB Duramax LBZ
    Tuff Country 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/T's on 20" Ultra Peacemaker wheels, Quadzilla Stealth2 programmer, Diamond Eye 5" cat-back exhaust, factory Special order color Yellow.

Well, I can not fault the collision repair place for the fan clutch or the steering that seems to have gone a little bit sloppy. (it's not loose, it just seems to float and it's got like 2 degrees of play) ... they were contracted to fix the problems.

However, I can and do fault them for not repairing the inside of the left-fender. I don't even know what it's called, it's in the engine bay, I'll take some photos soon and someone can tell me.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

I also find it hard to believe they fixed that. Being an auto body damage appraiser I really find it hard to believe that was all the damage that was done. They didn’t total it. They should have, this is not a new truck.

Bring it back to the body shop right away, and I don’t mean in a few days. Tomorrow.

The kind of things you mention are not small details, like they didn’t vacuum the truck out.

Get it back and get it fixed right, the body shop needs to contact the insurance company for any more expenses that may come up because of this. Don’t let them get away with it, the body shop or the insurance company.

Technology is great, when it Works,
    And one Big Pain in the Ass When it Doesn’t.
    Detroit Iron Rules, All the Rest are Just Toys.
    94 GMC Burban, 5.7L (350), 4X4, Auto
    86 GMC Burban, 350, 2 WD, Auto
    79 GMC pickup plow truck, 400, Full time 4X4, Auto
    86 Pontiac Fiero SE, 2.8L, Auto, only mid engine American car
    See a Pattern yet?

15 year GM assembly line worker.

And are you paying for this out of pocket? What ended up happening with Farmers?

I took it to my insurance company. They're paying, but I had a $500 copay. I'll get that back when my insurance goes to arbitration with Farmers and wins. I also plan on suing the drive of the other vehicle for the little stuff too, once I win in small claims court, Farmers will cover that for her end as well. Either way, I'll get covered, it's just a headache.

I'm just glad you're not getting stuck paying for anything.

Former Member

I wouldn't have even driven out of the body shop's parking lot until it was perfect visually. Then I would have taken an employee of the body shop for a test drive before accepting it back...if anything failed my test, back to the drawing board, trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by JayMack75 View Post
    I wouldn't have even driven out of the body shop's parking lot until it was perfect visually. Then I would have taken an employee of the body shop for a test drive before accepting it back...if anything failed my test, back to the drawing board, trigger.
    a) I test drove it with the estimator/production manager. The test-drive seemed to be ok, it was after the fact that the steering seemed to be a little bit sloppy.

b) The fan clutch didn't make any noise until I drove out.

c) It must have been in the shadows, becuase the damage on the inside engine-bay "fender ledge" wasn't spotted until I got home, and I did a complete top-down, front-to-back, inside-and-out inspection.

d) I didn't see the paint chip that was missing until I got it home under better light.

I talked with the initial estimator for the insurance company and he's cool, his name is Matt Kinney and he works for Don Mcanally appraisal Service out of Azle, TX. Just thought I would give them a plug becuase they're actually pretty responsive on this.

They're going to cover the new fan clutch install and they'll give me a new bug shield as well for the front. We'll talk about the steering issues, he wants to see the allignment report on that. I still think it gets lose at speed though.

Then Vandergriff Chevrolet Collision is going to look at my other issues as well. I think I've got some good points.
    Last edited by ChevyFan; 02-22-2008 at 05:33 PM.